I work one-on-one to mentor my students and help them succeed. I can work on a project-by-project basis or help with long-term writing goals. Together we will identify where your skills lie, and where we can work to improve your talents.
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Writing and extensive editing experience. I am here to help you learn to perfect your writing - be it an essay, a short story, a cover letter, or anything else you can think up! I can help with everything from concept to sentence structure to grammar. I can't wait to work with you!
Please give 48 hours notice for cancellations or schedule changes. I am happy to help you find another time that works for you!
High School Fine Arts Diploma (2013-2016) - Lord Beaverbrook High School, Calgary AB
Bachelor of Fine Arts with Distinction, Writing (2016-2020) - University of Victoria, Faculty of Fine Arts, Victoria, BC
This Side of West: Managing Editor (2018-19) & Editor-in-Chief (2019-20)
- Overseeing the submissions, selections, publication of work in and distribution of the University of Victoria’s Undergraduate Literary Journal, This Side of West (issues 17 & 18)
- Managing team of 15+, running bi-weekly meetings
- Event planning for This Side of West launches, as well as in role as Executive for the UVic Undergraduate Writing Course Union. Tasks included space booking, procuring event licenses, advertising and ticket sales.
- General publications tasks such as copy editing, layout (InDesign,) website maintenance, budgeting, social media, etc.
Alberta WaterPortal Society: Communications Assistant (Summer 2016)
- Redesigning/writing copy for website (Joomla, Wordpress), as well as writing blog content for non-profit environmental organization in Calgary, Alberta
- Drafting social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Database organization (Excel)
- Communicating with other organizations about shared goals
PUBLICATION & AWARDS HISTORY
- “Left Hand Shake” (flash fiction) – Jellyfish Review, January 2019
- “Triathlon” (flash fiction) – The Hunger Journal, Issue 5, Spring 2019
- “Nobody Girl” (short fiction) – Little Fiction/Big Words, February 2020
- “Reverse Slope” (short fiction) – Riddle Fence, Issue 34, Winter 2020
- “Sweet Hours” (short fiction) – Existere, Issue 39.1, Winter 2020
- “The Weekend” (short fiction) – Minola Review, Winter 2020
- “Instructions for a Trip to the Liquor Depot” (short fiction) – Cosmonauts Avenue, forthcoming
- “Badlands” (short fiction) – Riddle Fence, forthcoming
- “Wheat King” (short fiction) – Winner 2020 On the Verge writing contest (UVic)
- “A Metaphor for Being Twenty: Themes, Conventions & Critiques of the Millennial Bildungsroman” – Jamie Cassels Undergraduate Research Award 2019/20 (UVic)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking resume / cover letter writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|