To cut a long story short, I believe in teaching by doing! In this course, you will be tasked with writing, recording, mixing and releasing your music! If you already have some basic ideas to start that's perfect. Otherwise we'll work on that first idea together.
Based on your knowledge, whether you're a complete newbie or possess some knowledge in one or some of the above areas, I will shape the course to equip you with everything you need to become a one-person music making machine! I produced some of my best work by diving right into the process, faced with deadlines and an end goal in mind.
In my course we will use one of the following DAWs of your choosing:
Pro Tools (only offered to students buying a pack of 10 hours)
Logic Pro X
Our first lesson will be a meet-and-chat and a quick inventory of your skills and gear. Based on how advanced you are, we will start from a lesson that suits your needs. You can take the full course or stop at recommended checkpoints or simply choose the topics you feel you need. In my course you will learn:
1. Basic DAW set-up & Hardware Essentials (What you need to get started & Why you need them)
2. Your first Project (Templates, Project Set-up & Pre-Production Planning)
3. Audio & Recording Basics (How to Record your first part, Sample Rate, Bit Depth, Latency)
4. MIDI & Software Instrument Basics (How to write MIDI, How to set up your Controller, How & Where to get Instruments)
5. Essential Music Theory I (Chords, Scales, Melodies)
6. Essential Music Theory II (Rhythm, Tempo, Grooves)
7. Audio Editing Essentials (How to edit audio, How to Layer sounds)
8. Audio Production Essentials (Mixing your first song, Basic EQ & Compression)
9. Audio Effects Essentials (What are Effects, What effects are there & How to use them)
10. Reverb Essentials (How Reverb works & Understanding parameters)
-Checkpoint 1- Releasing your first track
11. Audio Editing 201 (Different Workflows, Configurations & Hotkeys)
12. Music Composition 201 (How to write a Chord Progression, Song Structures, Creating Musical transitions)
13. MIDI 201 (Hotkeys, Quantization, Software Instrument Layering)
14. Sound Design (Basic Synthesis, Working with Samples, Audio Manipulation)
15. Advanced DAW techniques (How to export your music, customizing & Optimizing your DAW for your uses)
16. Music Theory 202 (Non-diatonic Music, Advanced Chord Progressions, Odd time signatures)
17. Advanced Synthesis (MIDI Effects, MIDI routing)
18. Advanced Audio Editing (Vocal Correction, Time Correction, Comping)
19. Advanced Mixing (Identifying Mixing goals, Reference Tracks, Advanced Mixing template)
20. Music Release (How to do basic Mastering, How to upload your music to Streaming services, essential Music Promotion)
-Checkpoint 2- Planning your first EP release
21. Music Theory 301 (Circle of Fifths, Instrumentation, Music analysis)
22. Advanced EQ (Identifying Audio bands, Shaping your sounds)
23. Advanced Compression (Mix Bus Compression, Parallel Compression, Mastering Compression)
24. Advanced Sound Design (Recreating Legendary Tones, Sculpting Audio, Granular Synthesis)
25. Brand Management (Making your own website, Managing your social media, collaborations)
26. Advanced Recording (How studios work, Acoustic treatment)
27. Psychoacoustics (the psychology of sound and music & the listener experience)
28. Music Production (Mastering, Unifying the sound of a record)
29. Career Development (How to start a freelance business, Career paths for Audio professionals)
30. Music business (How to set prices for your services, How to promote your brand)
-Checkpoint 3- Releasing your Debut album
I am an award-winning composer, certified producer, and sound engineer, with a BA degree in music and a Masters in Audio production. I have been a freelance music composer for films, music producer, and live musician for 15 years, and I have been making tutorials for 5 years.
If you wish for me to travel to you, that could be arranged, but I would charge extra for transportation based on your location.
If you wish to learn Pro Tools, I will only accept students who book lessons in packs of 10 hours or more.
Sound Design for Visual Media Certificate (Vancouver Film School, 2019)
MA in Audio Production (Bilkent University, 2017)
BA in 21st Century Music (Bilgi University, 2015)
Pro Tools Certification (101, 110, 201)
Freelance Composer, Sound Designer & Foley Artist for films, TV & Ads (2018-Present)
Freelance Tutor (Audio Production, Recording, Sound Design, Guitar, Bass) (2010-Present)
Music Producer (Bubinga Studios, Bilgi Studio, Fanus Studio) (2012-2017)
Assistant Audio Engineer (Bilgi Studio) (2010-2012)
Best Sound Design SOE Sound Design Competition, 2020
Best Video Game (F.R.O.G) - Vancouver Film School Awards, 2019
Winner - Roxy Music Battle of the Bands 2015 (with Kinesis), 2015
Full Scholarship for MA in Audio Production - Bilkent University, 2015
Full Scholarship for BA in 21st Century Music - Bilgi University, 2011
Released Works & Album Credits
Mutations - with IDDQD, 2020
Good Friday OST - as Arya Afshar, 2019
The Last Year on Earth - with IDDQD, 2018
Last July in Istanbul - with Vostok-6, 2017
Ilk - with Skata, 2017
Miasma - with Kinesis, 2016
Spider Plant - with Rubber Walrus, 2016
Lavdanom - with Kinesis, 2015
Look at You - with Wingmen, 2013
Iteful Ites - with Iteful Ites, 2012
Dreaming - with the Free Keys, 2009
Perfect! Arya is great to work with. He knows mixing and music composition inside and out and finds creative ways to teach. I highly recommend him.
Perfect! Arya is an excellent teacher. He makes it very easy to understand concepts. His program is also well tailored to your goals !
Mathieu is the ideal student. He is motivated and curious and very smart! I look forward to our class every week :)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer-aided music lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music technology lessons for all!
Taking audio engineering lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$35||Not available||$33|
|5 hours||$155||Not available||$165|
|10 hours||$300||Not available||$330|