I believe first and foremost that math and science are exciting, but gaining some insight into practical applications helped me really understand the concepts better. I think it is important to start with concepts to build knowledge, and then practice, practice, practice. With practice, you'll be amazed how easy it will be to take on more difficult and advanced ideas. It's a process that starts with a solid foundation!
I am just completing 2nd year Engineering Physics at McMaster University (starting 3rd year in Sept 2018). I love all the STEM subjects, but particularly math & physics. I want to help girls learn to love the sciences as much as I do! I have previous experience tutoring and as a Level 1 alpine ski instructor.
• Completing 2nd year Engineering Physics program at McMaster University.
• Graduated on the honour roll, St. Clement’s School (SCS), June 2016.
• Participated in robotics and debating teams at SCS, competing nationally.
• Good at working in groups and especially with children.
• Organized, driven and good at solving problems.
• Excellent computer skills.
Craigleith Ski Club
CSIA Level 1 Ski Instructor 2014 – 2016
• Taught core and moderately advanced skiing skills to children ages 4 – 8 (group lessons).
• Provided individual instruction upon request (private lessons).
Engineering Outreach Office
Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering
University of Toronto
Jr. DEEP Counselor Summer 2015
• Assisted the program leaders in delivering hands-on course material to students in grades 5 and 6.
Courses included Interstellar Exploration and Engineering Endurance: The Science of Sport.
St. Clement’s School Horizons Program
Mentor and Tutor Summer 2015
• Helped kids in grades 2 – 4 from less-advantaged schools with math and basic computer programming
• Enjoy alpine skiing, hiking, cycling and swimming (NLS Bronze Cross).
• Play piano (grade 6) and violin (grade 6).
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$17||$17||Not available|
|5 hours||$80||$80||Not available|
|10 hours||$150||$150||Not available|