I am doing PhD at Univ of Alberta in department of mechanical engineering. I have some experience in giving maths tuitions as I have done this job early. I give assignments regularly with focus on understanding which is required in a subject like maths.
I have tutored a class of 40 bachelor students in my masters and also have given a student free tutoring.
the students scored well above the passing marks making it to 100%. I always try to clear the doubts of the students as soon as possible.
Information Energy Storage Research Laboratory +(concealed information)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Alberta
Interests Renewable Energy, Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Energy Storage, Energy Conservation, Solar Energy.
Research Assistant in Department of Mechanical Engineering at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (June 2017 – Dec 2017)
• I am an active member of a research group at IISc Bangalore i.e. Thermal Energy Storage Facility (TESF). I am working on a new MHRD initiated project IMPRINT(Impacting Research Innovation and Technoloy)in Energy Storage Technology.
• Experience of software modelling and simulation in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
• Data analysis involving use of MS EXCEL and MATLAB Programming.
Graduate Research Assistant in Solar Energy Research Laboratory at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India (January 2016 – May 2017)
• Involved in research of exergy and energy analysis of a packed bed solar thermal energy storage system using different heat transfer fluids.
• Submitted 1 lead author papers in publication of Q1 ranked journal. Co-author in another manuscript already submitted.
• Submitted 1 lead author papers in International conference. Co-author in another paper already submitted.
• Assisted Doctoral Candidate in his research and helped in writing research papers.
• Worked in Energy Department at Trident India Limited as a Front Line Entrepreneur for a period of 1 year and 2 months.
• Was involved in the erection and commissioning of 2*35 TPH AFBC boiler with subsequent operation and maintenance activities.
• Familiar with identifying bottlenecks and how to increase the efficiency of boiler system and various TPM skills like 5S, Kaizen.
Computer Skills CAD: AutoCAD 2D (Beginner)
Programming: C++, MATLAB programming.
Office: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power point (Advanced)
Analysis: CATIA, ANSYS(FLUENT)(Advanced)
Record Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
Master of Technology in Alternate Hydro Energy Systems (July 2015 – May 2017)
• CGPA 8.5 on scale of 10
G B PANT GOVERNMENT ENGINEERING COLLEGE, Delhi, India (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi)
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical and Automation Engineering (August 2009 – May 2013)
• Percentage: 73.51%
• Ranked under 10 in class of 68 students
Publications • Ambuj Punia, R P Saini, Sneha Murali, Performance evaluation of a Packed bed solar thermal sensible heat storage system and impact of different factors-A Review.Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review,( Communicated) .
• Ambuj Punia, R P Saini, Sneha Murali, Exergy and Energy analysis of a packed bed thermal energy storage system using different heat transfer fluids(6th International Conference on Advances in Energy Research 2017,(Accepted) .
• Sneha Murali, R P Saini, Ambuj Punia, Performance analysis of phase change material storage system for Solar thermal applications,(6th International Conference on Advances in Energy Research 2017,(Accepted) .
• Sneha Murali, R P Saini, Ambuj Punia, Design, parameters influencing performance and thermal conductivity enhancement of phase change material storage system-A review, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review,( Communicated).
Scholastic Achievements • Awarded Fellowship by MNRE, India during Master of Technology (2015-2017)
• Awarded funding by College during event participation of SAE Mini BAJA held at Bangalore.
• Lifetime member of Society of Automotive Engineers.
• Won 1st prize in All India based Technical Fest organized by Delhi Technical University.
• Won 1st prize in All India based Technical Fest organized by Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, Delhi.
Academic Honors • Scored 605 out of 1000 in GATE-2015 and stood among top 2.26% students all over the country.
• Participated in Auto Quotient organised by Mahindra.
Positions of Responsibility • Responsible for Graphic Designing for various technical festivals held in Bachelor’s and Master’s Institution.
• Member of College Chess and Cricket teams and represented College at University level.
• Secretary (Finance) for departmental level during Annual Technical Festival Cognizance 2016 in Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
• Secretary of the College society for Society of Automotive Engineers.
Personal Details Ambuj Punia
D.O.B: September 8, 1991
Marital Status: Single
Language: English, Hindi, German
References Dr. R P Saini, Professor, , AHEC, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
(concealed information) +91 – 1332 – 285841
Dr. M.P. Sharma, Professor and Head, AHEC, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
(concealed information) +91 – 1332 – 285213
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|