We'll start with who you are as a learner and what your goals are. From there we will identify a clear plan of action to get you on track super fast. Whether you would like to learn something specific in a short amount of time or explore a challenging topic, we can make it happen!
I have been a classroom teacher for five years and my passion is being able to help student feel powerful again. I have worked in public and charter schools with a big focus on testing. I have had great success with ELL students and students who need extra support in their learning.
Boston University, Boston, MA
B.A. in English January 2005
Working on Masters in Education - Mathematics
Expected Graduation - July 2019
CERTIFICATION & SKILLS
● Middle School Math (5-8)
● Elementary (1-6)
● Moderate Disabilities (PreK – 8)
● Sheltered English Immersion Endorsement
Leominster Center for Excellence, Leominster, MA
Quantitative Reasoning Specialist Current Position
• Responsible for designing project-based programs of study tailored to individual student needs.
• Work with advisers/teachers for all levels to ensure mastery of current CCSS in mathematics.
• Collaborate with advisers/teachers and Special Education Liaison to evaluate and meet needs of all students and deliver needed services and accommodations.
Seven Hills Charter Public School, Worcester, MA
6th Grade Math Teacher July 2017 – June 2018
● Worked with co-teacher to implement curriculum in collaborative math and science classroom.
● Worked collaboratively across grade level and school to establish and maintain school culture.
● Served a diverse population of learners, including 23 English Language Learners and 12 students with disabilities in mixed classrooms.
Arlington Middle School, Lawrence, MA
7th Grade Math Teacher
● Students saw an average SGP of 75% for the 2016-2017 MCAS
● Worked collaboratively across grade level to design and implement common core aligned curriculum using a variety of resources including Engage New York (Eureka Math) materials.
● Served a population including 25 English Language Learners and 10 students with disabilities in mixed classrooms.
● Exceeded Anet test scores for A1-A3 compared to network and school performance.
UP Academy Oliver, Lawrence, MA
8th Grade Math Teacher August 2014 – July 2016
● Designed a unique common core aligned curriculum using a variety of resources.
● Worked with 30 English Language Learners, and 4 students with disabilities.
● 49% of students scored A/P on the Math MCAS 2014-15 with an overall average SGP of 99%.
● Managed a cohort of 60 students, 2 classrooms and 4 staff members including 2 content teachers.
● Held weekly meetings, set action items for the cohort regarding student culture and operations.
● Improved consistency of classroom procedures management by analyzing tracked data, observing classes, and providing feedback to teachers.
● Sontag Prize in Urban Education 2016, 2017, and 2018
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$51||$46|
|5 hours||Not available||$65||$231|
|10 hours||Not available||$83||$461|