Find an answer among our FAQs
Advertising as a tutor is completely free on Superprof. Start your first tutoring job today! 😃
In order to access our network of students in Canada and around the world, we invite you to create your tutoring ad on Superprof
If you are already registered with us, you can publish your first tutoring ad directly.
To ensure that your ad is as visible as possible, we recommend that you take the time to fill in with care all of the different sections of the ad and don't forget to upload a smiling picture of yourself and a certificate of your qualifications. We also recommend that you ask your former students and/or loved ones for recommendations.
Tutoring ads complete with a profile picture are 100 times more likely to be contacted by students.
Superprof gives you the opportunity to work independently and fix your own rates (we don't charge commission).💸
The more complete and detailed your ad, the more credibility it will have with students and the higher up it will be on the search results.
- The title of your ad must be more than 12 words.
- Filling in at least 40 words in the "Teaching" and "Experiences" sections of your ad.
- Add a video to your ad, it's a real plus!
- You also need to be as responsive as possible to the lesson requests you receive. The faster you answer, even if it's to decline the request, the higher your profile will be ranked. 👍
- Have your Superprof students leave reviews on your profile. You can leave a review for them too a week after the lesson has been accepted. When you do, an automatic email is sent, inviting them to do the same.
And finally, take a look at our Pro Pass. 🎉
Setting your rates too high can scare students, just like rates that are too low, which may suggest incompetence. It is important to find a balance. To find the right compromise:
- Look at how much other tutors ask for in your subject and in your city.
- Adjust the price according to your degree, skills, experience and the hourly wage you think you deserve.
- Adapt your rate according to the type of students you wish to find - generally, the older a student is, the more money you can ask for.
- Adapt your price according to the time for travel to reach the residence of the student and according to the duration of the session.
- Finally, if you do not find enough students to your liking, do not hesitate to adjust your rates down.
If you do not have a review from a Superprof student already, we require you to offer your first lesson for free. Even if you do have a review, Superprof recommends that you offer the first class for free because;
It allows you to make a connection with the student
The purpose of the first meeting is not to give a class to your pupil, but to get to know and understand what their needs are, set up a lesson plan and a teaching method that will allow your pupil to reach his/her goals.
It is a small investment for a greater reward
Offering one hour of your time for free to a student who may use your services all year and spread the word about your services is an excellent investment.
It reassures students
Students will contact you more frequently; it is more engaging for them.
The first lesson offered for free is a chance for you and your student to get to know each other however, it does not have to be a formal lesson unless you and the student agree amongst yourselves to do so.
The first free lesson could be a discussion about your aims and objectives or your teaching methods for example, or it could be a trial lesson to assess the students ability.
Whatever form your free lesson takes, be sure to agree this with the student before hand, and make sure they understand what is being offered in this first meeting.