My default teaching style employs a standard class format that works universally for all students.
STANDARD CLASSES ARE FORMATTED AS FOLLOWS:
- 5 minute student evaluation to identify your academic level and where you need help
- 5 minute collaborative lesson plan where we set goals for the class and devise study topics
- 40 mins of teaching, learning , Q&A and completion of assigned work
- 10 mins reviewing learning outcomes, checking work for errors and identifying steps for improvement.
(60 mins total)
I am a third year Philosophy student at Western University with a 3.8 average and extensive experience in essay writing and reading comprehension. The focus of my education is on history, argumentative writing, logic and reading of complex texts- I am able to teach classes on any of these topics. I graduated from high school in Ontario with a 90% average and Ontario Scholar status. I finished Grade 12 AP English with 93%.
My tutoring services are best suited to:
- Gr. 11/12 high school students seeking help for 3U English, 4U English, AP English.
- Gr. 11/12 high school students seeking guidance for University applications
- Gr. 9-12 high school students seeking help with any History, Politics, Law, Philosophy or English classes.
- Freshman/Sophomore undergraduates seeking help with essay writing
- Anyone interested in learning about Philosophy, Logic and Law at an introductory level
Western University, Bachelor’s Degree Sep 2018 – Apr 2022 London, Ontario
o Candidate for Honours Specialization in Philosophy
o 3.8 cGPA
Sep 2014 – Jun 2018 Ottawa, Ontario
o OSSD with Honours and Ontario Scholar status
May 2019 – present Ottawa, Ontario
o Manage reception area by scheduling appointments and providing
patients with a high standard of care
o Support doctors during triage and consultation by taking notes and setting
up equipment to maximize efficiency and quality of service
Apr 2020 – present Ottawa, Ontario
o Created a virtual platform for student artists to gain exposure and
o Leadership of 10+ volunteers in the management of promotion strategies,
content review and web design
o Financial management and budgeting of funds granted by the Government
of Canada Rising Youth initiative
Nov 2016 – Aug 2018 Ottawa, Ontario
o Provided customers with positive and professional shopping experience
o Responsible for meeting sales goals and upholding strong company culture
HONOURS & AWARDS
Dean’s List 2019
Dean’s List 2020
Rising Youth Micro-Grant $1500
International Learning Award $2000
Global Opportunities Award $1500
Dean’s Entrance Scholarship $2500
EOM Varsity Rugby Captain 2016-2018
Ottawa Race Weekend 5k 2018
Ottawa Race Weekend 10k 2019
Ottawa Half-Marathon 2020
Ottawa Voyageur Challenge 2020
SKILLS & STRENGTHS
Digital Art and Web Design
Drawing and Technical Sketching
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$16|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$80|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$160|