I am a Ph.D. student at McGill University. I studied applied mathematics in my undergrad and Masters and am applying this knowledge to my current research related to the physics of the atmosphere.
I've worked as a teaching assistant and private tutor from the beginning of my undergrad 10 years ago, primarily teaching mathematics and physics. I am very well versed in mathematics and physics and am very comfortable teaching from the high school to college and university levels. I have some computer science knowledge as well and am comfortable teaching computer science at a high school and first-year college/university level.
I love teaching students difficult concepts and break things down to the basics. I have a lot of experience teaching students with different needs and learning styles and am capable of adapting to your particular situation.
I've tutored for at least 10 years and have tutored a significant number of students with great reviews. I've had numerous students state that without my help they would have failed their class. I've lead large tutorials and held regular office hours as a teaching assistant. My students have stated that I am very helpful, approachable, and extremely patient.
- Ph.D. - McGill University - September 2014-Present
- Masters of Mathematics - University of Waterloo - January 2013-August 2014
- Bachelors of Mathematics, With Distinction, Dean's Honours List - University of Waterloo - September 2007-August 2012
- Teaching Assistant for Science of Storms, Winter 2017, 2018
- Teaching Assistant for Atmospheric and Oceanic Dynamics, Winter 2017
- Teaching Assistant for Natural Disasters, Fall 2017, 2018
- Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Oceanic Sciences, Winter 2016
- Teaching Assistant for Calculus 4, Winter 2014
- Teaching Assistant for Complex Analysis, Summer 2014
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship - Doctoral
- Kenneth Eade Fellowship In Science
- Queen Elizabeth II - Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology
- President's Graduate Scholarship
- NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship - Masters
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|