I have no previous experience teaching in a class but I recently started posting lessons on YouTube. I have taught very basic concepts of the language such as the alphabet, greetings and grammar. I have also taken a course on how to teach Spanish at a beginner's level.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Spanish and I recently finished my Certificate for Spanish to English Translators. While in my program I learned about the mechanics of the language which reinforced my previous knowledge.
Bruce Stuart Bartra
• English (fluent)
• Spanish (fluent)
• French (Intermediate Level)
• Italian (Intermediate Level)
• (2018) Certificate of Completion of the Basic Spanish Teachers course from the Spanish Centre
• (2014-2018) Certificate for SPAN-ENG Translators from Glendon Campus
• (2012-2016) Bachelor of Arts with Honours majoring in Spanish from York University
• (2015-present) Volunteer translator (Spanish to English) at the Centre for Spanish Speaking Peoples
• (2015) Involvement in a project for a day transcribing audio
• (2015) Translating poetry (Spanish to English) for an event called Poet-Tree arranged by a York University professor
• (2016) Volunteer at a translation conference at Glendon College
• (2018) Involvement in the Legacies Project where I transcribed and translated audio
Other Work Experience
• (2017-2017) Survey Interviewer at Cido Research
• (2008-2015) Pharmacy Assistant at Hillcroft Pharmacy
• I work well with others and independently
• I have experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
References upon request
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$19|