I like to hold interactive sessions with my class using various strategies like demonstrations and cooperative learning. I also use PowerPoint presentations to enhance understanding.
I am a Mathematics Teacher currently. I have a teaching experience of 4 years where I have taught courses at high school level upto University. I also give one to one lessons.
Math Teacher at OAT Education and SAT Trainer at Prep skills Inc. Previously, an Assistant Professor and Researcher of Commerce with nearly 5 years of teaching experience in the field of mathematics, commerce, business administration, economics and finance.
• Submitted doctoral (Ph.D.) thesis titled ‘Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Indian Economy: An Inter- Temporal Analysis’ in the field of International Marketing.
• Experienced in handling advanced courses in Mathematics in a one- to-one setting as well as classroom setting.
• Experienced in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in commerce, business and management.
• Experienced in convening student extra- curricular activities.
• Strong ability in teaching through demonstrations, role playing and co-operative learning.
• Experienced in preparing course plans and question banks.
• Capable of preparing effective PowerPoint presentations.
• Experienced in using various Tools including E Views, SPSS, and Microsoft Excel for detailed analysis.
• Acquainted with technologies like Moodle, Google Classroom and Kahoot!
• Best paper award for the paper presented ‘ Critical Success Factors For Start-ups in E-Commerce’ at the 5th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management at ISME College, Bangalore
• Student of the year awarded for exceptional contribution to academics and the departmental work by Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University in 2013.
High School Teacher, OAT Education
• Taught a summer course of Math 12: Advanced Functions.
• Subjects taught in fall semester: Advanced Functions - Math 12, Functions: Math 11, Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals: Business 12
• Subjects teaching in winter semester: Advanced Functions, Functions, Calculus and Vectors and Accounting Fundamentals.
• Developed course plans and innovative evaluation strategies for the above subjects.
• Taught students with special needs.
• Experience in handling international students of multi- cultural backgrounds.
• Helped organize school trips to various educational institutions.
• Provided feedback to students in forms of reports with the help of assessment rubrics.
• Organized extra- curricular activities to encourage holistic training of students.
SAT Trainer, Prepskills Inc.
• Train students to write the SAT.
• Provided the SAT Training at a class as well as one-on-one level.
• Taught students remotely.
• Conducted trainings under timed conditions.
• Provided feedback for oral and written work in English and Mathematics of the student.
Private Tutor, SuperProf, Canada
• Subjects teaching: Accountancy, Micro Economics, Macro Economics and Mathematics
• Adopted demonstrations and co-operative learning.
• Enabled the student to attempt online quizzes and assignments.
• Helped a grade 11 student with his Accounting exam.
• Taught students with special needs.
Guest Faculty, Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management, India
• Subjects Taught: Hotel Accounting and Principles of Accountancy
• Adopted demonstrations and co-operative learning.
• Designed question papers for the subject Accountancy.
Assistant Professor, Christ University, India July 2018- Present
August 2018- Present
May, 2018 – Present
Dec 2017–April 2018
May 2016- Nov 2016
• Subjects taught: Strategic financial Management, Tax Planning and Administration and Cost Accounting.
• Subject in-charge of Cost accounting entailing course structuring, question bank preparation, question paper designing, having regular board meetings, preparing answer schemes and designing the course plan along with recommended books.
• Attended a Quality Improvement Programme on Teaching, Learning and Innovation.
• Attended a Faculty Development Programme on Research, Extension and Consultancy imbibing the skills needed for research and the importance of extension and consultancy activities.
• Attended Holistic Education Training on inter- personal skills.
• Taught Holistic Education Modules relating to inter- personal, social and societal skills.
• Guided a post graduate research paper with two research scholars who worked under me bringing out important implications of the show rooming and web rooming behaviors in the recent marketing scenario.
Assistant Professor, AIMS, India Feb 2017-March 2017
Subjects taught: International Accounting, Corporate Reporting and Indian AS, Risk management, Hotel Statistics and Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions at the post graduate level.
Assistant Professor, Jain University, India July 2015- Oct 2015 and November 2016- January 2017
• Subjects taught: Business Finance, International Business, Quantitative Aptitude, Advanced Financial Management
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on ‘Changing Laws and Academic Implications’.
Guest Faculty, University Institute of Legal Studies, India Feb 2015- April 2015
• Subjects Taught: Entrepreneurship and Small Scale Business, Business Mathematics and Statistics.
• Guided the project work of law students.
Assistant Professor, D.A.V. College, India July 2014- March 2015
• Founder- Commerce and Management Society at DAV College,Sept'14–Feb'15
• Subject Matter Expert for Company Law,July'14–Feb'15
• Subjects Taught: Company Law and Auditing, Indirect Tax Laws, Functional Management
• The Effect of Show rooming and Web rooming in high- involvement products in Researchers’ World- Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vol. VIII, Issue- 4(2), ISSN: 2231- 4172 IN October, 2017.
• Determination of a Long Run Relationship between balance of payments and exchange rates of India in Shanlax International Journal of Commerce, Vol: 5, Issue:4, ISSN: 2320-4168 in October 2017.
• Determination of a long term trend in the balance of Payments of India in Emperor International Journal of Finance and Management Research, Vol-3, Issue- 09, ISSN: 2395-5929 in September, 2017.
• Critical success factors for start-ups in E-commerce in ISBN: (concealed information)
• The influence of product quality on customer loyalty in High touch and low touch items in Tattva: International Journal of Advanced Research in Commerce and Management, Vol3, Issue-1, ISSN: 2395- 0854 on January 11, 2017.
• Development of a Market Entry Strategy and Business Model for company in E-Commerce (Online Retail) in India in International Journal of Latest technology in Engineering & Management on July 21, 2016, ISSN: 2456-1770, Vol1,Issue 2.
• The changing face of SEZs in India, Special Economic Zones, ISBN Number: (concealed information)
• Applications & Relevance of Activity Based Costing, IOSR Journal in Business &Management, ISSN: 2278-487X, Sep'14.
Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
• 5th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management, ISME College, Bangalore - Paper presented: Critical success factors for start-ups in E-commerce.
• National Symposium on Technovations to Develop Sustainable Business World on 11/1/17, at RJSIMS, Koramangala - Paper presented: The influence of product quality on customer loyalty in High touch and low touch items.
• National Conference on Special Economic Zones, DAV College- Paper presented: The changing face of SEZs in India.
• International Conference on ‘Demographics: Dividend or Disaster?’, Jain University, Bangalore -Paper presented: Development of a market entry strategy for an ecommerce firm in India
• 2nd Annual Commerce Convention at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
• 1st Annual Commerce Convention at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
• Euro Zone crisis- scenario, possible causes and solutions Sep 2013 – Dec 2013
• Derivatives Nov 2012 – Jan 2013
• Activity based costing Aug 2012 – Nov 2012
• Work life balance with Coca Cola as case study Sep 2011 – Jan 2012
• The Big Four Aug 2010 – Aug 2010
University Business School, Panjab University, India October 2014- Present
Doctor of Philosophy in Commerce with specialization in Marketing.
Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, India July 2011- May 2013
Masters in Commerce with specialization in Finance
Hans Raj College, Delhi University, India July 2008- May 2011
Bachelor of Commerce (honors) with specialization in finance and tax.
A great teacher, makes a complex problem understandable for her students easily. I am a fan of her knowledge.
I think Jayanti is one of the best taecher in the world and I would like to take many other course with Jayanti.
thanks for every thing Jayanti.
You are one of the best teacher I have met since now. I in fact started liking cost accounting just because of you. You will simplify the concepts easily and explain it and with very good examples
She is one of the best teacher i have ever met in my student life. She is very intelligent and very good at explaining the concept. She is very kind and polite with the students. She makes students to involve themselves in extracurricular activities with studies. She is very dedicated towards her work. She understands students problem. So i recommend her as a very nice teacher as well as person.
Jyanti Ma'am always make sure that concepts are explained in a very crisp and a manner in which her students can easily grasp the concept and she is always ready to clear the doubts that's the quality which makes her stand out as an excellent teacher.
I first met Jayanti ma'am when she was given the responsibility to handle a class of final year students specializing in finace and investment in Christ University Bangalore. I was one of the students in the class, from the very first class she started to make an effort to understand each and every student in the class in order to cater to their different needs from the teaching and imparting knowledge point of view. Usually other professor's used to only depend on the student profile and get to know us but Jayanti ma'am made sure she knew each one by their name before her classes could begin. Once she got a fair idea of the class she started encouraging this unique form of teaching metholodogy which I would like to call the Buddy System, which was basically a small yet significant step where students who had a strong base in the subject and were performing good were supposed to sit next to students who did not do that well in academics and help them out in whatever way possible mainly concept clarity. Jayanti ma'am believed students can better understand other students. Jayanti ma'am took class participation in extra curricular and cocurricular activities very seriously and encouraged everyone about the same through out the semester. There is one instance I would like to highlight where ma'am was my role model, I was lucky enough to get Jayanti ma'am as my research guide for the annual research project and her invaluable gudience backed by her strong research methodology Tools and techniques made me excel my research (which was on GST and it's impact on India). One remarkable thing about her is she always stress on holistic approach on a student's development and never one sided Approch.
Rest assured Accounting is her forte.
Jayanti is a passionate teacher who comes to the level of the student in order to explain a difficult concept. Her art of delivery is exceptional as is her knowledge. I loved studying from her!
Jayanti is a great tutor who would make a great teacher because she is always willing to help those who really want to succeed in their future. She believes that justice should be served for proper teaching so that students can understand a subject instead of memorizing it and use their understanding to achieve a successful and happy life/future. She invests her time and energy properly and thoroughly on her students and is very dedicated to teaching as she won't stop until you have an excellent understanding of the subject.
Jayanti ma'am has taught us accounts for 1 semester...she was extremely amazing teacher....she gives real life examples because of which students could easily understand the difficult concept...she is very practical and detailed in her subject....
Jayanti ma'am had taught us Strategic Financial Management and Income Tax in our 5th semester at Christ (Deemed to be University), Bangalore in 2018. She is really friendly and will explain each and every concept innumerable times until we get the concept clear to you. Very dedicated and approchable.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest academic coaching lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|