I like to hold interactive sessions with my class using various strategies like demonstrations and cooperative learning. I also use PowerPoint presentations to enhance understanding.
I am a Mathematics Teacher currently. I have a teaching experience of 4 years where I have taught courses at high school level upto University. I also give one to one lessons.
Math Teacher at OAT Education and SAT Trainer at Prep skills Inc. Previously, an Assistant Professor and Researcher of Commerce with nearly 5 years of teaching experience in the field of mathematics, commerce, business administration, economics and finance.
• Submitted doctoral (Ph.D.) thesis titled ‘Exchange Rate Fluctuations and Indian Economy: An Inter- Temporal Analysis’ in the field of International Marketing.
• Experienced in handling advanced courses in Mathematics in a one- to-one setting as well as classroom setting.
• Experienced in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in commerce, business and management.
• Experienced in convening student extra- curricular activities.
• Strong ability in teaching through demonstrations, role playing and co-operative learning.
• Experienced in preparing course plans and question banks.
• Capable of preparing effective PowerPoint presentations.
• Experienced in using various Tools including E Views, SPSS, and Microsoft Excel for detailed analysis.
• Acquainted with technologies like Moodle, Google Classroom and Kahoot!
• Best paper award for the paper presented ‘ Critical Success Factors For Start-ups in E-Commerce’ at the 5th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management at ISME College, Bangalore
• Student of the year awarded for exceptional contribution to academics and the departmental work by Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University in 2013.
High School Teacher, OAT Education
• Taught a summer course of Math 12: Advanced Functions.
• Subjects taught in fall semester: Advanced Functions - Math 12, Functions: Math 11, Business Leadership: Management Fundamentals: Business 12
• Subjects teaching in winter semester: Advanced Functions, Functions, Calculus and Vectors and Accounting Fundamentals.
• Developed course plans and innovative evaluation strategies for the above subjects.
• Taught students with special needs.
• Experience in handling international students of multi- cultural backgrounds.
• Helped organize school trips to various educational institutions.
• Provided feedback to students in forms of reports with the help of assessment rubrics.
• Organized extra- curricular activities to encourage holistic training of students.
SAT Trainer, Prepskills Inc.
• Train students to write the SAT.
• Provided the SAT Training at a class as well as one-on-one level.
• Taught students remotely.
• Conducted trainings under timed conditions.
• Provided feedback for oral and written work in English and Mathematics of the student.
Private Tutor, SuperProf, Canada
• Subjects teaching: Accountancy, Micro Economics, Macro Economics and Mathematics
• Adopted demonstrations and co-operative learning.
• Enabled the student to attempt online quizzes and assignments.
• Helped a grade 11 student with his Accounting exam.
• Taught students with special needs.
Guest Faculty, Chandigarh Institute of Hotel Management, India
• Subjects Taught: Hotel Accounting and Principles of Accountancy
• Adopted demonstrations and co-operative learning.
• Designed question papers for the subject Accountancy.
Assistant Professor, Christ University, India July 2018- Present
August 2018- Present
May, 2018 – Present
Dec 2017–April 2018
May 2016- Nov 2016
• Subjects taught: Strategic financial Management, Tax Planning and Administration and Cost Accounting.
• Subject in-charge of Cost accounting entailing course structuring, question bank preparation, question paper designing, having regular board meetings, preparing answer schemes and designing the course plan along with recommended books.
• Attended a Quality Improvement Programme on Teaching, Learning and Innovation.
• Attended a Faculty Development Programme on Research, Extension and Consultancy imbibing the skills needed for research and the importance of extension and consultancy activities.
• Attended Holistic Education Training on inter- personal skills.
• Taught Holistic Education Modules relating to inter- personal, social and societal skills.
• Guided a post graduate research paper with two research scholars who worked under me bringing out important implications of the show rooming and web rooming behaviors in the recent marketing scenario.
Assistant Professor, AIMS, India Feb 2017-March 2017
Subjects taught: International Accounting, Corporate Reporting and Indian AS, Risk management, Hotel Statistics and Quantitative Analysis for Business Decisions at the post graduate level.
Assistant Professor, Jain University, India July 2015- Oct 2015 and November 2016- January 2017
• Subjects taught: Business Finance, International Business, Quantitative Aptitude, Advanced Financial Management
• Attended Faculty Development Programme on ‘Changing Laws and Academic Implications’.
Guest Faculty, University Institute of Legal Studies, India Feb 2015- April 2015
• Subjects Taught: Entrepreneurship and Small Scale Business, Business Mathematics and Statistics.
• Guided the project work of law students.
Assistant Professor, D.A.V. College, India July 2014- March 2015
• Founder- Commerce and Management Society at DAV College,Sept'14–Feb'15
• Subject Matter Expert for Company Law,July'14–Feb'15
• Subjects Taught: Company Law and Auditing, Indirect Tax Laws, Functional Management
• The Effect of Show rooming and Web rooming in high- involvement products in Researchers’ World- Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vol. VIII, Issue- 4(2), ISSN: 2231- 4172 IN October, 2017.
• Determination of a Long Run Relationship between balance of payments and exchange rates of India in Shanlax International Journal of Commerce, Vol: 5, Issue:4, ISSN: 2320-4168 in October 2017.
• Determination of a long term trend in the balance of Payments of India in Emperor International Journal of Finance and Management Research, Vol-3, Issue- 09, ISSN: 2395-5929 in September, 2017.
• Critical success factors for start-ups in E-commerce in ISBN: (concealed information)
• The influence of product quality on customer loyalty in High touch and low touch items in Tattva: International Journal of Advanced Research in Commerce and Management, Vol3, Issue-1, ISSN: 2395- 0854 on January 11, 2017.
• Development of a Market Entry Strategy and Business Model for company in E-Commerce (Online Retail) in India in International Journal of Latest technology in Engineering & Management on July 21, 2016, ISSN: 2456-1770, Vol1,Issue 2.
• The changing face of SEZs in India, Special Economic Zones, ISBN Number: (concealed information)
• Applications & Relevance of Activity Based Costing, IOSR Journal in Business &Management, ISSN: 2278-487X, Sep'14.
Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
• 5th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Management, ISME College, Bangalore - Paper presented: Critical success factors for start-ups in E-commerce.
• National Symposium on Technovations to Develop Sustainable Business World on 11/1/17, at RJSIMS, Koramangala - Paper presented: The influence of product quality on customer loyalty in High touch and low touch items.
• National Conference on Special Economic Zones, DAV College- Paper presented: The changing face of SEZs in India.
• International Conference on ‘Demographics: Dividend or Disaster?’, Jain University, Bangalore -Paper presented: Development of a market entry strategy for an ecommerce firm in India
• 2nd Annual Commerce Convention at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
• 1st Annual Commerce Convention at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
• Euro Zone crisis- scenario, possible causes and solutions Sep 2013 – Dec 2013
• Derivatives Nov 2012 – Jan 2013
• Activity based costing Aug 2012 – Nov 2012
• Work life balance with Coca Cola as case study Sep 2011 – Jan 2012
• The Big Four Aug 2010 – Aug 2010
University Business School, Panjab University, India October 2014- Present
Doctor of Philosophy in Commerce with specialization in Marketing.
Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University, India July 2011- May 2013
Masters in Commerce with specialization in Finance
Hans Raj College, Delhi University, India July 2008- May 2011
Bachelor of Commerce (honors) with specialization in finance and tax.
A great teacher, makes a complex problem understandable for her students easily. I am a fan of her knowledge.
I think Jayanti is one of the best taecher in the world and I would like to take many other course with Jayanti.
thanks for every thing Jayanti.
You are one of the best teacher I have met since now. I in fact started liking cost accounting just because of you. You will simplify the concepts easily and explain it and with very good examples
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest academic coaching lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|