My methodology consist in a direct interaction with the student evaluating their knowledge level and difficulties in order to focus teaching in a personalized way identifying the subjects and topics of interest. I give an explantation of the subject and afterwards initiate an interactive solving problems session in order that the student has a complete active learning work. I also help in analyzing the content of the homework.
I have experience in tutoring students in Mathematics and Physics following the Ontario Curriculum from Primary School, High School, College and University. I had experience tutoring students from Humber College in Toronto with good results. I also have experience in remote tutoring, I am a professor and a scientist with more than 20 years of experience. I also have a Ph.D. in Physics obtained in Havana, Cuba.
I love Mathematics and Physics I have teaching experience principally in universities and Master in Sciences courses.
I have promoted science with students from grades 9 to 12 . I have been an Academic of the Cuban Academy of Sciences for 12 years and published more than 80 papers of Science and Technology.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in tutoring students in Math and Physics from Humber College. Toronto (2015-2017).
• Experience in tutoring students in Math in primary level. Toronto (2015-2017).
• Math Teacher in Differential Equations, Havana University. 1969-1970.
• Professor of international courses in Analytical Techniques.
• Tutor of Master in Science and Bachelor thesis. Tutor of several Master in Science thesis.
• President of the Cuban Physical Society during 7 years.
• Associated editor of the Cuban Journal of Physics (2003-1014).
• Member of the Cuban Academy of Sciences (2000-2010).
• More than 80 publications in national and international journals and 3 patents up to 2013. In 1990 obtained the category of Titular Researcher.
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Fluently Bilingual in Spanish and English
Center of Technological Applications and Nuclear Development (2001-2013)
• Head of Department and Titular Researcher of the Developing Instruments
• Departmental Leader of the Group for the development of Analytical Instruments
• Design and development of optical instruments
Center of Scientific Instruments Construction (1981-2001)
• Head of Department and Titular Researcher of the Analytical instruments
• Departmental leader of the Group for the development of automatic polarimeters.
• Design and development of optical and laser instruments.
Havana University Math Teacher (1969-1970)
• Prepare subject material for presentation to students according to an approved curriculum
• Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations, and laboratory, shop and field studies
• Prepare, administer and correct tests
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
B. Sc., Physics, University of Havana. Cuba (1972)
Master in Science in Nuclear Physics Cuba (1974)
Doctor in Physics. Center for Construction of Scientific Instruments (1994).
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|