I do not believe in cramming formulas. I will teach in a way that these formulas become self-evident. You can tweak them according to the problem and not feel overwhelmed. Learning by application is my way of understanding things in detail
I am a Master's graduate from UBC in Mechanical Engineering. I have also taught subjects to 3rd-year students at UBC with quant foucs. Have 2 academic publications in the area of nanotechnology and 2 years of experience in Automotive industry. Highly interested in physics and mathematics.
(concealed information) | +1-(concealed information) | Vancouver, BC, Canada
United Nations Sustainable Development and Growth Dec 2020 – Present
TakenMind Global Internship (Remote), Data Analytics BC, Canada
University of British Columbia, Vancouver Sep 2018 – Dec 2020
Graduate Research Assistant, High-performance computation BC, Canada
• Published 1st model (Python code), reducing the computation cost of nanomaterials by a factor of 10,000.
• Leveraged Pandas and SQL to analyze 100 million data entries, saving $10,000 in experiments.
Tata Motors Limited Apr 2017 – Jul 2018
Senior Manager, Supplier Quality/Operations Uttarakhand, India
• Among Top 5% with 130% and 120% scores in KPI and leadership competency in stakeholder management. Led Process Improvement using data with Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Winner of “Slashing customer complaints by 50% challenge”, across Tata group (30 companies).
• Spearheaded quality of $20 million worth of material by working with senior management of 20+ vendors.
• Special mention by General Manager for salvaging $40,000 worth of material, by a simple design change.
Tata Motors Limited Aug 2016 – Mar 2017
Assistant Manager, Supplier Quality/Operations Uttarakhand, India
• Increased productivity by 70%, by flagging version mismatch data from 146 vendors using VBA in Excel.
• Among Top 10% with 4/4 rating in Drive for Results, Taking Initiative, Project Outcome parameters.
• Won “Innovation Hackathon” (out of 90,000 employees) by presenting “Journey Management System”.
Indian Graduate Students Association, UBC Vancouver Sep 2019 – Aug 2020
President BC, Canada
• Executed fundraiser event for 400 flood victims and 5 other cultural events for 1000+ students.
• Raised maiden sponsorships accounting 50% of the yearly revenue. Used team skills like DJing, painting etc., reducing event costs by 30%, thus increasing the cash balance by 200%.
ENACTUS (ENtrepreneurial ACTion by US), IIT Ropar May 2012 – Mar 2016
Project leader Punjab, India
• Boosted the income of farmers by 20% by eliminating the middleman in the project -” Farmfresh”.
• Increased 20% family income of low-income groups by upgrading the stitching skills of women.
University of British Columbia, Vancouver Dec 2020
Master of Applied Science; Major in Computational Mechanics BC, Canada
• Awards: Nanomat scholarship (10 students at UBC), Faculty of Applied Science Graduate Award.
• Mentored 2 visiting international students to create an open-source UI (Julia code), saving $10,000/year.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Ropar Mar 2016
Bachelor of Technology (Honors); Major in Mechanical Engineering Punjab, India
• Awards: Honors (5% students), S.N. Bose scholarship at CalTech, California, US (2 students in India).
• Published a visualization and regression analysis of engine emission data from 50,000 cycles
North America and occasionally on international assignments
• Technical Skills: Python, MATLAB, Advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau Ability to travel up to 100% of the time across North America and occasionally on international assignments
• Certifications: AI Foundations: Machine Learning (Nov 2020), Business Analytics Foundation (Nov 2020)
• Hobbies: Disc Jockeying, Human behaviour, Cricket
• Technical Publications - //link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11(concealed information), //arxiv.org/pdf/2(concealed information)pdf
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|