I have 20 years of experience in the teaching field. Teach with simple real-life examples and shortcuts to remember the concepts. Friendly with students and solve their problems. May use animated videos to explain the complex problems. Result oriented teaching. Timing is flexible depends on the student's convenient. I teach only English medium students of ICSE, CBSE & Gujarat State board and NEET & JEE. The subjects which I cover are Science, Chemistry and Biology. I have the experience to teach International students. Provide career guidance for competitive examination and abroad studies. Most of my students secured admission in national and international institutes.
I have 20 years of experience in the teaching field. I obtained all my degrees from Tamil Nadu. I prefer to teach English medium students of ICSE, CBSE & Gujarat State board students. Along with teaching, I provide career guidance to the students.
Since June 2004 with Christ College (Affiliated to Saurashtra University), Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Assistant Professor and Head of Bioinformatics Department
• Functioning as Head, Dept. of Bioinformatics (Teaching & Research & Administration)
• Monitoring four PhD students, many graduate and postgraduate theses
• Chief Coordinator –Website Committee, Chief Coordinator – Multimedia Committee
• Course Coordinator-Certificate course in Bioinformatics-Databases & Tools
• Former Coordinator of Certificate course in Multimedia and Animation (University Grants Commission (UGC) Sponsored) & Magazine committee
Dec’13 to Nov’14 with University of Bonn, Germany
Research Associate - Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Techniques used for research: Protein assay, Mass spectroscopy, Mass spectrometry data analysis by R language and various omics tools which leads to the identification of novel drug targets.
Jun’00 to Jul’02 with CIMA Biochemistry Research Laboratory and Institute, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
Module Taught: Clinical Biochemistry
Jun’94 to May’97 with St. Mary’s Clinical Laboratory, Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu, India
Medical Lab Technician
Responsibilities: Biochemistry and Microbiological examination of clinical samples
PART TIME ASSIGNMENTS
Since Jun’06 with Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Visiting Faculty (PhD, M.Phil. and M.Sc. Students)
Modules Taught: Bioinformatics (Genomics, Proteomics, and Structural bioinformatics), Biochemistry, Molecular biology, supervised more than 25 master theses
Since Jun’10 with National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Visiting Faculty (MS-Pharma Students)
Modules Taught: Genomics, Proteomics, Structural bioinformatics, Molecular modeling and drug discovery
April 2018 Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India with CGPA: 7.21/10; Rank: Top 12%
Core Modules: Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, Law of Crime, Human Rights Law, Law of Contract, Property Law, Administrative Law, Taxation Law, Labour & Industrial Law, Environmental Laws, Banking Law, Family Law, Jurisprudence, Company Law, Public International Law, Equity Trust, Law of Evidence, and Civil Procedure Code.
May 2017 Certificate in Science Journalism (Training Course in Science Journalism) (Part Time) from Indian Science Communication Society, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India with Grade B + = 60% to 70%; Rank: Top 5%
Core Modules: Fundamentals of Science Journalism, Presentation formats of Science Journalism, Techniques of Science Journalism, Mass Media for Science Journalism, Specializations in various fields of Science Journalism.
March 2014 PhD – Biotechnology (Full Time) from Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Core Modules: Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Medicinal Chemistry and Biological confirmation
November 2013 Post Graduate Diploma in Multimedia Technology (PGDMT) (Part Time) from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 80.75/100; Rank: Top 2%
Core Modules: Introduction to Multimedia, Basic Animation Techniques, Audio & Video Editing, Adobe Photoshop, Web Designing, Developing a CBT, 2D Animation, 3D Animation
September 2005 MPhil – Biotechnology (Part time) from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 80.8/100; Rank: Top 2%
Core Modules: rDNA technology, Plant & Animal Biotechnology, Research methodology
May 2006 MSc - Bioinformatics (Part time) from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 67.4/100; Rank: Top 5%
Core Modules: Programming in Visual Basic, RDBMS, C, C++ & Perl, Sequence analysis, Molecular Interactions, Genomics, Proteomics, Systems Biology, Molecular modeling and computer aided drug design
April 2004 MSc - Animal Biotechnology (Full Time) from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 7.72/10; Rank: Top 2%
Core Modules: Biodiversity, Microbiology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Immunology, rDNA technology, Cell & Tissue Culture, Environmental Biotechnology, Analytical Chemistry, Aquaculture technology, Endocrine & reproductive technology, Bioprocess technology, Bioinformatics & Bioethics
April 2004 Post graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics (Full Time) from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 80.1/100; Rank: Top 2%
Core Modules: Statistics, Basic Bioinformatics, Structural Biology++, Web design, DBMS, Genomics, Proteomics, Computational Biology, and Molecular Modelling Drug Designing.
April 2000 BSc - Biochemistry (Full Time) from Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India with GPA (Percentage): 76.4/100; Rank: Top 5%
Core Modules: Chemistry of Biomolecules, Techniques in Biochemistry, Cell biology, Human physiology, Enzymes, Metabolism, Clinical biochemistry, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Molecular biology, Immunology, Biochemistry of plant and microbes, food & nutrition, Computer science, General chemistry
June 1999 Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) (Full Time) from All India Medical Laboratory Technologist Association, New Delhi, India (Affiliated to World Health Organization (WHO)) with GPA (Percentage): 68.55/100; Rank: Top 5%
Core Modules: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Histopathology, Clinical pathology, Hematology, Blood banking, Microbiology, Serology
AWARD/ FELLOWSHIP RECEIVED
• Summer Research Fellowship-2018 (Teacher) offered by Science Academies' Summer Research Fellowship Programme for Students and Teachers 2018 (Indian Academy of Sciences, Indian National Science Academy and The National Academy of Sciences, India).
• First prize in the oral & poster presentations: 9th National Level Science Symposium (February 14, 2016) organized by Christ College, Rajkot, Gujarat, India. Sponsored by Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST).
• First runner up in the oral & poster presentations: 8th National Level Science Symposium (February 22, 2015) organized by Christ College, Rajkot, Gujarat, India. Sponsored by Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST).
• Best Poster Presentation Award: International Conference on Genomic Sciences (November 12 – 14, 2010) organized by MKU - Madurai, Biotech Research Society – India, Sponsored by Italian Govt. and Indian Govt.
• Selected by Govt. of India to attend 2nd Science Conclave: A congregation of Nobel laureates Organized by MHRD & Dept. of Science and Technology, Gov. of India (December 8 to 14, 2009).
• Summer Research Fellowship-2003 (Student) offered by Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, India
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest zoology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, botany lessons for all!
Taking biotechnology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|