I am caring, passionate, enthusiastic and excited about providing engaging and challenging learning experiences. My aim is to assist, encourage and support students to achieve their learning goals. In my classroom I believe that all students have the fundamental right to have access to a successful and fulfilling education in order to be productive and valuable members of society.
A dynamic student graduating from Humber College in 2021, garnering an educational background in Behavioural Science. Previously obtained a certificate in Pre-Health Science, gaining a wealth of knowledge in medical terminologies and biological systems. I possess skill, education and experience that reflect a passion to deliver mental health and social services to adults and families.
Pre-Health Science September 2015-April 2016
Bachelor of Behavioural Science September 2018- Graduation in April 2021
Humber College School of Social and Community Services
The Carpenters District Counsel of Ontario January 2016-Present
• Dedicated administrative professional with a solid background in high-volume office environments focused on delivering exceptional clerical and operational support. Managing reception area, greeting visitors and responding to high volume phone calls on a 40+ telephone extension switchboard.
• Providing job training opportunities and counselling to members to further maximize learning and skill development.
• Managing all social media platforms; including twitter, Instagram and Facebook, with the newest content and news regarding the local union.
Sales Associate August 15-January 2016
• Effectively responded to service inquiries and coordinated resolutions with both management and floor associates for better shopping efficiency.
Team Lead Representative March 2015-August 2015
• Obtaining a leadership position in providing guidance and direction to staff and guest concerns while actively working towards meeting customer needs to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
COVID-19 Chat Responder March 2020-Present
Certified Listeners Society
• Providing immediate and confidential support to callers with useful information regarding COVID-19 protocols, and referrals when appropriate. Demonstrating an empathetic and active listening presence to callers and providing individualized support.
MS Fundraising Volunteer August 2010-August 2015
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
• Active participant in the Multiple Sclerosis 30km walk for five consecutive years, whilst actively fundraising for Multiple Sclerosis research and treatment.
Gift of Life Committee Member July 2014-October 2014
Colorectal Cancer Society
• Committee member organizer of the Gift of Life Fundraiser in 2014. Assisted in planning and coordinating a successful event to bring awareness and fundraising for Colorectal Cancer research.
Scott Mission Volunteer October 2014-December 2014
The Scott Mission
• Volunteer responsibilities included preparing and serving hot meals to the poor, homeless, and vulnerable members of society living on the streets or within shelters.
Vitanova Volunteer August 2012-September 2014
The Vitanova Foundation
• Providing addiction-related services to individuals, families and the community in the form of preparing and distributing meals to at the living facility along with outpatients in the community.
Practicum and Internships
Behaviour Analyst Intern September 2019-March 2020
Mind Forward Brain Injuries
• Led functional skill building workshops at a nonprofitable organization housing clients with Acquired Brain Injuries. Aimed at promoting re-learning and acquisition of skills affected by the client’s brain injury.
• Led psychosocial and adjustment groups including Anger Management, Depression Support, Self-esteem Support, ABI education, Communication, Social skills, Peer support and Substance Use and Brain Injury (SUBI).
• Helped to provide in-home support for clients to achieve their personal and rehabilitation goals including transportation training, attending community-based appointments, budgeting, grocery shopping, cooking and housekeeping.
• Thesis: Mindfulness-based Approaches in Treating A Traumatic Brain Injury; The Effectiveness of Gratitude Journaling and Meditation, under supervision of Tami Rankin
• Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certificate completed in 2019
• Trained and certified in CPR and First Aid, completed in 2020
• Police and Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
• Ethical Conduct for Research Involving humans Course on Research Ethics (TCPS 2: CORE) certificate of completion.
• Intercultural Awareness Training completed in 2020
• Social Work Practice: Advocating Social Justice and Change Certificate completed by the University of Michigan on Coursera
• The Science of Well-Being Certificate completed by Yale University on Coursera
• Clinical presentation to a clinical support team of over 20 medical professionals employed at the Mind Forward Agency for Brain Injury Services. Presented findings regarding the effectiveness of the Behaviour Support Plan targeting theft and perseveration among Acquired Brain Injury clients.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest personal development lessons to help you.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|