I have experience providing help to college freshman in biology and chemistry. A two-sided conversation is the best way to teach the lecture material. I use a laboratory hands-on approach to solidify the concepts to kinesthetic learners. Teaching students to make their own visuals and outlines is a great study tip that is also applicable in the job field.
I have been tutoring college freshman for 6 months. I have also taught leadership classes to 7th-9th graders for the past 3 summers. The students I have worked with leave feeling competent and confident in their test taking abilities and lab applications.
Capital High School : 2011-2015 (Cumulative GPA: 3.837)
South Puget Sound Community College : 2013-2015 (Cumulative Running Start GPA: 3.71) George Fox University: 2015- Present (GPA: 3.52)
● George Fox University Biology-Chemistry Department Tutor for General Biology
TA for General Biology and General Chemistry Grader for General Biology
● Bon Appetit Management Company. September 2015-Present Cleaning. Food preparation, serving and replenishing. Dish concierge.
● Taco Bell Inc. November 2013- April 2016 Customer Service and Food Handling
● Nanny. 2010-Present
Caring for children in the evenings and overnight, picking a child up from school 4 days
● K&D Service
Flagger, assisting in electric construction crew and public safety
● South Sound Surgery Center. December 2014-March 2015 Turning over ORs, restocking, cleaning and observing surgery
Haiti Medical Mission: March 2017
Puget Sound Blood Bank Donor: 2014-Present
St Christopher's Community Church Alter Service: 2009-Present
Foster Parent’s Night Out Childcare: January 2016-April 2016
George Fox University Serve Day: September 9th, 2015 and September 23, 2016 Children’s group home repairs in Dallas, Texas: 2012
St. Christopher’s Community Church Food Bank Garden: 2012
Thurston County Food Bank: 2010-2014
Summer Camp Director: 2016
Founder, Participant, and Staff Liaison of George Fox University Drumline : 2015-present High School ASB: Freshman Class Secretary : 2011-2012
CPR certified, AED certified, First Aid certified, SafeGuarding God’s Children, Archery Instructor, Washington State Food Handlers card, Oregon State Food Handlers card, Washington State Driver’s License, Boater and Water Safety License
Sherida Anderson (former boss): (concealed information)
Sarah Reid (George Fox University Athletics): (concealed information)
Dale Brabham (George Fox University Professor): (concealed information)
I’ve worked with Sydney Soentenga for more than a year in a professional capacity and have been impressed regularly with her tenacity, her leadership, and her follow-through.
• No matter what you throw at Sydney, it will get done. She has a superhuman ability to manage competing projects and priorities.
• Sydney is proactive and works independently. While most students her age require significant management time and specific instruction given, Sydney thrives when you tell her what the finished product should be and then empower her to get there.
• Sydney is a great team player. There’s a reason so many students want to be part of the activities she leads. She’s a natural leader and creates an environment where others can thrive.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$14||$14|