I teach high school math and physics. My method is to teach these subjects as a philosophy. I don't just tell them how to do a certain problem. I teach them to think why they have to do it that certain way. I try to make students think for themselves so that they can become more independent.
I have a Bachelor of Applied Science in Computer Engineering from the University of Toronto. As well, I am currently working on a Certificate in Data Analytics, Big Data, and Predictive Analytics at Ryerson University. I was also an Apache Spark Researcher at IBM for the summer of 2015.
Bachelor of Applied Science Computer Engineering, University of Toronto (2010-2017)
4 year program
• Python, Java, C, MATLAB, SQL, XQuery, HTML5, Scala
• Completed MathWorks MATLAB Fundamentals course
• Certified - Spark Fundamentals I & II, Big Data University
• Certified - Programming with Java - Level I & II, Seneca College
• Completed Machine Learning course on Coursera
Apache Spark Researcher, IBM (Summer 2015)
• Worked on streaming and machine learning application in Scala used for monitoring power consumption in a household
• Researched Apache Spark, along with its applications in streaming and machine learning
• Set up three different servers for the Spark streaming example KafkaWordCount in Scala, so the data could be streamed in real-time
• Configured the machine learning example BinaryClassification in Scala so it could run and make predictions on supplied data
• Presented my progress with these examples at the monthly department meeting and communicated their function in a clear manner
• Modified BinaryClassification in Scala to allow streaming data in real-time
• Documented my work with Apache Spark on the team Wiki, adding screenshots for every step to make the procedure very easy to follow
Vice President Education, University of Toronto Engineering Toastmasters (Summer 2017-present)
• Encouraged members to take up meeting roles and do speeches
• Created spreadsheet on Google Docs where people can sign up for meeting roles and speeches
• Wrote and printed the weekly meeting agenda
Rehearsal Organizer, University of Toronto Anime and Manga Association Light Music Club, U of T (Winter 2015)
• Organized time and date of rehearsals for the U of T Light Music Club, which were held on campus
• Coordinated with fellow band members as to which time and date would work for everyone
• Dealt with last minute changes by communicating and compromising with fellow band members for rescheduling
• Was able to perform for the UTAMA end of term concert
Tutor, Toronto Public Library Leading to Reading Program (2009-2010)
• Assisted young children in learning how to read and write
• Recorded information on student's progress in a weekly report
Volunteer, Feeding Young Minds (October 2008 and October 2009)
• Raised money for Feeding Young Minds, an organization which helps feed hungry children breakfast in public schools
• Approached strangers on the subway and asked them to donate
• Distributed information about the organization through oral communication
Waiter, A.Y. Jackson Acoustic Cafe (December 2008 and April 2009)
• Listened to customers' requests for food and/or drink in a friendly and polite manner
• Fulfilled those requests in a timely manner
• Guitar (2002-present)
• Muay Thai (September 2014-present)
• Salsa dancing (2009-present)
Alex is a very patient person who is able to explain concepts in a concise yet humorous fashion. He will work amazingly with students from a variety of backgrounds.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking physics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|