My teaching methods include breaking down each question and finding patterns between questions so once you can solve a handful of them, you can pretty much solve any question thrown at you under that topic. I am able to explain concepts in a variety of different ways such that if one way doesn't work for one student, I always have another way to make sure the concept clicks (i.e visual representation, similarities to in life problems etc.)
I am currently a Mechanical Engineering student at the University of Toronto with over 3 years of experience teaching high school and elementary level students. I myself finished all three sciences offered in hs with 90+ averages as well have helped other students reach their academic goals. I have many different methods of teaching so I am positive we can find one that works best for you.
Student Tutor at B.C.S.S.
Aug 2016 - June 2019
- Worked either 1 on 1 or in groups of 3 with students from grades 9-12
- Tutored all grade 9-12U and C level math and science courses
- Helped students complete assignments and homework
- Tutored students specifically for exam preparation
- On average increased each students average by 5-10%
L.I.G.H.T Community Tutor
Sept 2017 - June 2019
- Worked with underprivileged students in elementary school
- Taught students their curriculum and ensured that they understood each concept
- Developed a variety of teaching methods to help different types of students understand various concepts
Mechanical Engineering Club - UofT
Jan 2020 - Present
- Worked with professors to ensure student needs were met from an academic perspective
- Helped develop academic transition resources for first year students coming in from High School\
- Developed study strategy resources
- Taught students how to tackle difficult problems and how to go about solving questions
- University of Toronto Dean's Merit Award Scholarship | 2019
- University of Waterloo Industry 4,0 Competition - Third Place | 2019
- East Coast Volleyball Championships
Pittsburg, PA - First Place | 2019
- First Year Mechanical Engineering Representative
- Mech Club Academic Director
- Engineering Strategies and Practice I (ESP) Team Lead (Team of 5)
- ESP II Technical Lead (Team of 5)
- HOSA Chapter President Bill Crothers S.S
Verbal and Written Communication
Nikitha is one of the most hard-working, dedicated and bright person I know. She is always focused and knows what she has to complete. In addition, she is always on the look out for a challenge and to learn something new every time. One of her greatest trait that I know is patience, which very much makes her a great friend to talk and rely as well as makes her a great tutor. I have known her for a long time and have thoroughly enjoyed her accompany, and lastly learned a lot from her.
Nikitha was a great tutor! She helped me with grade 12 calculus. She took the time to explain important concepts and broke down the steps required to solving problems. Anyone who needs help with high school math should definitely reach out to her!
Nikitha is a phenomenal leader and teacher. We have known each other for 5 years, and over this time I have observed the many initiatives Nikitha has undertaken to improve our high school and the broader community. Nikitha is a very hands-on and patient teacher. She has excellent time management skills and is very diligent with her work, so she faired well in terms of her personal studies. Beyond this, Nikitha leveraged her expertise in the sciences and maths to aid her peers. Often times she would offer her time to go to the library and would attract a crowd of students who would ask her for help. Nikitha would slowly walk through each problem and use relevant examples and analogies to explain a concept. She is also very flexible and would adjust her explanation to cater to the tutees' needs. Nikitha used similar practises to succeed within our highschool's Peer Tutor club and as a volunteer tutor for LIGHT community. Overall, Nikitha has displayed discipline and trustworthiness in various aspects of her life. She is a committed teacher and will easily earn the trust of her students at Superprof.
Nikitha is very patient and takes the time to explain concepts in various ways, which helps with understanding material. When completing problem sets or textbook questions she puts in the effort to determine what concept the student is stuck on and creates new ways to help explain it. She is very positive, encouraging and makes the time go by faster than expected.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$110||Not available||$125|