I focus on the student learning style. I am very good at detecting when a student is not understanding a topic, so I change the approach accordingly. The lesson is very flexible. Usually, the outcome of the lesson is the development of a framework to tackle all possible kinds of problems that the student might face on a certain topic. In addition, the student is challenged to really understand the concepts so that they are better prepared to interpret the questions.
I am a nutritionist with a master degree in biochemistry. I have more than 2 years of experience teaching and tutoring. I developed a true passion for helping students succeed in their HS subjects. I am currently working part-time at an educational institution, but I want to help more people.
To cancel the student need to warn me 24 hours before. Up to 10km travel distance, the cost is $7.
• Master in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
• 2 years experience in Analytical Chemistry and in vitro bioassays
• 2 years experience teaching and tutoring at college and university level
• Wrote and publish a paper in a high impact science journal and co-authored two other publications
• Passionate, motivated and confident in tutoring on subjects such as biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics up to College level
• Fluent in English, Portuguese, Spanish and intermediate level in French
TUTOR OCTOBER 2017 – CURRENT
OTTAWA TUTORING, OTTAWA, CANADA
• Helped high school, college/university students to excel on their subjects
• Trained students in finding new strategies to succeed in their exams
• Gained more experience in the Ontario Chemistry, Math and Biology curriculum
• Gained even more experience when facilitating knowledge to people with learning disabilities
PEER TUTOR SEPTEMBER 2016 – AUGUST, 2017
SENECA COLLEGE, TORONTO, CANADA
• Trained to facilitate science and math group study sessions and tutored college students one-on-one
• Coached students in developing learning strategies and skills essential to success in Science/Math related programs
• Developed excellent communication skills and learned about different learning styles
RESEARCHER APRIL, 2013 – AUGUST, 2015
BIOPROSPEC – BIOPROSPECTING LABORATORY OF REGIONAL RESOURCES, FORTALEZA, BRAZIL
Biology Department of the Federal University of Ceara to which I belonged and participated in research in the following fields: Applied Botany; Nutrition Biochemistry/Food Chemistry; and Food Biosafety.
• Experience in chemical laboratory setting using instruments such as microplate spectrophotometer, HPLC, and high-speed centrifuge
• Wrote and published a scientific paper in a high impact journal and helped others to write theirs
• Experience dealing with animals such as rabbits, mice, zebrafish and Aedes aegypti (yellow fever mosquito)
COLLEGE TEACHER NOVEMBER 2012 – APRIL 2013
DEVRY BRAZIL, FORTALEZA, BRAZIL
• Delivered lectures about culinary technical terminology in English, French, and Spanish
• Dietary Techniques Laboratory Instructor in the undergraduate program in Nutrition
• Participation in examining boards of several final graduation projects in both the college diploma program in Gastronomy and the undergraduate program in Nutrition
• Punctuality, time-management, love of learning and helping others were some of the key soft skills that I developed with this experience
CHEMICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN DIPLOMA WITH HIGH HONORS 2017
SENECA COLLEGE, TORONTO, CANADA
• GPA: 4.0
• Hands-on experience in performing assays and determinations with the speed, precision, and accuracy required in a broad range of industries
• Training in proper care and use of laboratory apparatus for wet and instrumental methods
• Awarded Leadership Certificate
MASTER'S DEGREE IN BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY 2015
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF CEARA (UFC), FORTALEZA, BRAZIL
• Worked side by side with high-level scientists focused on innovation and results
• Able to effectively problem-solve with creative solutions when faced with challenges such as budget difficulties and lack of cutting-edge instrumentation
• Learned to work under pressure and exerting cooperation with partners in other lines of research
• Wrote a scientific paper and participated in the making of two others which were accepted for publication thanks to hard teamwork
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN NUTRITION SCIENCES 2010
FORTALEZA UNIVERSITY (UNIFOR), FORTALEZA, BRAZIL
• Studied the basics of medical sciences, dietetic techniques, food supply chain, food industry, and marketing of dietetic products
• Member of INTERFACES - Interdisciplinary Laboratory on Food Behavior Research: Body and Subjectivity
• Researched about body image disorders related to food and the psychiatric pathology Muscle Dysmorphia (Adonis Complex)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$115|
|10 hours||Not available||$260||$230|