I teach in a group setting and/or in a one on one setting. I always start by understanding what topic a student is struggling with and diagnose the errors that are being made. Next, I teach the student about the fundamental basics of that topic and work my way forward with the student until the student is absolutely clear on the topic. I make sure to include plenty of examples within these lessons to ensure the student is well prepared for examinations, providing them the perfect resource to excel in their academics!
University graduate with a Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Alberta. Experience working at a student help desks to teach students Math and Physics. In addition to this, I have tutored high school and junior high students in Math and Physics, receiving exceptional feedback for my tutoring service!
2+ years of experience as a mathematics and physics tutor. Enthusiastic, compassionate and highly motivated individual with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Qualified to tutor math and physics for grades 1-12 as well as undergraduates in universities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Math topics: Trigonometry, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Problem Solving, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, etc.
Physics topics: Matter, Space and Time, Motion and Forces, Optics and Light, Magnetism and
Electricity, Atomic Physics, Momentum, etc.
Physics Tutor MAY 2019 – SEPTEMBER 2019
University of Alberta Campus Help Room| Edmonton, Alberta
• Guided freshman university students to grasp a robust understanding of topics such as relative motion, momentum, optics and light (reflection, refraction, angle of incidence, etc.) and a variety of topics taught in first year.
• Built a base of regularly attending students to my sessions by exercising patience and compassion while teaching complex subjects.
Math and Physics Tutor JANUARY 2018 – NOVEMBER 2018
Private tutor| Edmonton, Alberta
• Hired by a family to tutor their kids in grade 8 and grade 12 math and science.
• Kept up with student’s curriculum and learned methods to aid students in understanding difficult subjects.
• Prepared documents, practice questions, graphs, charts and supplementary materials to ensure student success.
• Commended by parents for improved results for students in year-end report card.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta (2020)
Jason Lang Scholarship Recipient
Core Skills: Clear Communication, Patient, Intelligent, Strong Time Management, Problem Solving Skills, Reliable Worker, Friendly Attitude
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|