Personally I believe the concerns of my student need to be voiced before I begin to device a plan. Every learner is different, and may require a different approach. That being said, practice makes perfect. I ensure my classes are well organised with a little bit of testing of your knowledge so we are on the same page. I'm looking forward to making this an enjoyable experience for you! I can teach anything up till the highschool level.
I am studying Materials Engineering currently at McGill University. My degree consists of lots and lots of Chemistry and Mathematics, two subjects that I adore. I have a background of CIE A level Chemistry and Mathematics too.
• Supervised and aided Elementary students in The Roman Ridge School by giving comprehension classes, culinary classes and teaching students how to read.
• Actively raised donations and taught children at the Teshi Orphanage (Ghana)
• Learnt about student disabilities by visits to autism centres and raised autism awareness in my High School
• Managed and acted as Secretary of leadership club in liaison with Rotary Club Dzorwulu
• Learnt how to program and build a robot at Ashesi University’s Innovation Experience
• Interned and collaborated with scientists at Ghana Atomic Energy Centre in their projects
• Interned with a Professor at Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research
• Winner of Rotary Club spelling bee
• Organised and planned an Anti- Bullying campaign for my High School
• Taught at Tutors For Opportunity. Specialised in topics such as: Reading literacy – including spelling, grammar, phonics, and pronunciation
• Founder of the Writer’s Club in the school. – Developed, planned and guided activities to encourage students to write more, and express themselves.
• Founder of the Debate Club – Planned and created debate worthy topics to encourage and ameliorate debate skills in students
• Editor of The Roman Ridge School newsletter – Edited numerous submissions for the newsletter and published the newsletter from scratch
• Engineering Representative of the Legislative Council of Students Society of McGill University(SSMU) - Drafting Motions, Attending and contributing in meetings, Representing the Engineering Students.
• Vice President Communications for Engineering Adventure Committee – Successfully organized and marketed Laser tag and Ski Trip.
• Learnt about the French culture by living with a host family and schooling in France through a language program in France with Study Lingua
• Won the Lancaster University Business Cup Challenge with a team effort by
creating a Business solution to save the environment, presented in front of a simulated parliament
• A levels - Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and AS level French. (2017)
The Roman Ridge School Accra Ghana
• IGCSE (2015)
The Roman Ridge School Accra Ghana
• Bachelor of Engineering – Materials Engineering (2017 – 2021)
• IGCSE (2015) with Distinction and straight A’s - Awarded a Chairman’s Bursary; Highest in School
• 2nd Runner up in the Lancaster University Business Cup Challenge (2015)
• Best delegate for Global Summit- Model UN (2014)
• 4th at City level, 2nd in School in the 3rd International Mathematics Olympiad(IMO) (2010)
• Disciplined approach to tasks
• Levelheadedness and performing effectively in difficult situations
• Ability to think creatively and analyze
• Good communication and listening skills
• Able to work in a team and provide worthwhile inputs
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$150||$150|