My approach to facilitating learning is based on my learners, their needs, their goals, their interests. Whether I am working with someone individually or in a group context, my approach, methodology and tools are all informed by what is in the best interests of the learner.
I have a CERTESL qualification from the University of Saskatchewan and I am accredited with TESL Ontario. I have over 5 years' experience in adult education, coupled with a passion for teaching and learning. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from Rhodes University in South Africa.
Please give 24 hours' notice of cancellation, failing which a cancellation fee of $10 will apply.
*Highly proficient in implementing skills development processes for adults, including English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction.
*Experienced in facilitation, assessment of learning interventions, design and development of customized lesson plans and learning materials, and coaching for performance improvement.
*Possesses strong program coordination and administrative skills including; effective resource management, staff supervision, financial accounting and budget control, and efficient information flow management.
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
*Intermediate to advanced ability working with ICT and database systems, as well as the ability to learn new technological skills quickly.
*Possesses strong critical thinking, creative problem solving, logical planning, and organizational skills.
*Committed to lifelong learning and development.
South African Experience
• Developed the core content for First-Time Homebuyers’ Education implemented through the top four banking institutions and delivered train-the-trainer interventions for on-site implementation of these programs.
• Designed and developed the learning curriculum with materials, for a Sales Academy for First National Bank.
• Worked independently as a Learning and Development specialist for more than 5 years, implementing the full range of functions in the learning process.
Global Gathering Place (Saskatoon, SK)
• Improved work-flow efficiencies by developing a Standard Operating Procedures manual, which was also used for volunteer and new staff orientation.
• Oversaw the successful design and implementation of a program evaluation process, as well as developed the reporting tool for results analysis.
• Redesigned a program marketing and registration booklet resulting in a more streamlined and efficient registration process.
EMPLOYMENT & DEMONSTRATED SKILLS
CANADIAN WORK EXPERIENCE
Student Services/Support Coordinator May.2016 - Apr.2017
Global Gathering Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
• Provided full program coordination and support services for all student needs within the Language Services Department of a settlement agency.
• Responsible for front office liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
• Compiled monthly statistical reports and qualitative analyses of program deliverables.
• Managed program administrative duties including stationery/supplies ordering, liaison with suppliers of office equipment maintenance and operational communications.
Life Skills Worker Aug.2015 - Apr.2016
Global Gathering Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
• Provided hands-on training and support for Government Assisted Refugees from diverse countries.
• Facilitated skills development workshops.
• Maintained client records on and produced monthly reports from database system, linked to governmental reporting system (iCARE).
Director: Before and After School Care Program Jan.2015 - Jul.2015
YMCA, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
• Supervised over 20 part-time staff at 8 program sites.
• Managed overall program budgeting, planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Researched best practices for program improvements.
• Wrote funding proposals and other marketing communications.
Member Services Administrator Jul.2014 - Dec.2014
YMCA, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
• Performed client data capturing, invoicing and accounts reconciliation.
• Conducted internal and external stakeholder communications related to client accounts.
• Maintained and updated database information.
SOUTH AFRICAN WORK EXPERIENCE 1994 – 2013
Learning & Development Consultant:
Sole Proprietor, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Prospected and negotiated for new business contracts.
• Provided full range of learning and development functions including needs assessment, learning interventions design, development of materials and facilitation of workshops, presentations and coaching sessions.
• Contracted as an independent Assessor for on-site skills development programs.
Donor Funds Manager
Social Housing Foundation, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Coordinated operational processes of funded programs in alignment with funder requirements and recipient expectations.
• Responsible for managing new and existing funding contracts with international donors (USAID, CIDA, EU).
• Maintained program budgets and other operational and financial reporting objectives.
Education Program Coordinator
Mortgage Indemnity Fund, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Worked in collaboration with internal department managers and external service providers to ensure efficient and effective program implementation.
• Established and maintained professional relationships with key stakeholders in the financial sector, providing accurate and up-to-date information and resources to support on-site program delivery.
• Oversaw the development of key communications materials regarding program marketing and communications.
Third Wave Human Development Enterprises, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Managed the complete office administration duties for two directors.
• Maintained company communication platforms including website, online newsletters, and email correspondences.
• Provided detailed and accurate month-end reports for financial reconciliations.
Institute for African Alternatives, Johannesburg, South Africa
• Provided direct supervision to program administration team.
• Managed daily, weekly and monthly financial accounting processes.
• Oversaw the efficient operations in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL) 2018
Centre for Continuing and Distance Education, University of
Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
TESL Ontario Accreditation (OCELT) 2018
Membership Number: T180211
Accredited Training Facilitator, Assessor & Moderator 2008
South African Qualifications Authority, Johannesburg, South Africa
Diploma in Project Management 1997
Damelin Management School, Johannesburg, South Africa
Bachelor of Social Science in Social Work 1992
Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa
Member of Board of Directors Dec.2015-Feb.2017
Dance Saskatchewan Inc., Saskatoon, SK
Classroom Support, ESL CLB 1&2 Aug.2014-Apr.2016
Global Gathering Place, Saskatoon, SK
Bellydance for Fitness Instructor Sept.2014-Jun.2015
YMCA of Saskatoon, Saskatoon, SK
Excellent! Samantha was wonderful. Well paced, kind, articulate and she sees the big picture, beyond functional literacy. Samantha seems to understand personal empowerment and respect at a level that would be helpful and healing to any student.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$23||$23|