I believe that the ability to learn and understand a subject is directly correlated to the teacher's ability to convey the information. Getting to know my students and understanding how they learn allows me to personalize my lesson plans based on a pupil's individual needs. Learning is an individual journey and I am here to help you discover yours!
I am an Algonquin College graduate in Business Management and Entrepreneurship. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, I founded a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to supporting the dance community with funding and volunteer services through artisan soaps and bath products.
Growing up, I was a dancer and acrobat which led me to train with the circus. I was a dance teacher for 10 years and absolutely loved it. I miss it very much but unfortunately, my body cannot handle the stress anymore. The part I miss the most is sharing knowledge.
I have always loved helping others with their school work, all the trough college. I thrive in numbers and genuinely love math. My hope is to make math fun again! Though I've been blessed with the ability to thrive in today's school system, my siblings were not as lucky. I spent a lot of time helping my siblings and friends with their school work. Now, I want to do the same for you!
FOUNDER/CEO, THE SUNNY PINEAPPLE
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Setting organization vision and structuring programs.
- Developing relationships with potential clients and suppliers, as well as forming strategic partnerships with local dance studios.
- Generating sales through digital media marketing.
- Develop and implement internal controls to reduce risk.
- Manage overall operations including resource development, financial monitoring and reporting, marketing community outreach, board development, volunteer management, fundraising, retail operations, product development and manufacturing, customer relations, and all matters affecting The Sunny Pineapple.
- Successfully launched a not-for-profit corporation during a Pandemic.
- Secured $20,000 in start-up funding.
- Our online store launched December 14th, 2020. We generated $500 in sales within the first 2 weeks of operations.
APRIL 2014 – CURRENT
BARISTA/SHIFT SUPERVISOR, STARBUCKS
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Train and mentor new baristas to ensure quality and speedy service to customers and work with established baristas and supervisors to improve performance and store operations.
- Monitor customer and bar areas to assign staff duties to maximize productivity, efficiency, and customer service.
- Consistently produce high quality products and comply with detailed product standards within a quick and efficient manner.
- Collect cash, balance cash registers and safe with high degree of accuracy and discretion.
- Welcome and acknowledge customers entering and leaving the store.
- Understanding customer base and needs to increase sales and customer loyalty.
- Develop lasting relationships with customers and partners to create a third place where everyone feels welcomed and loved.
- Handling customer disputes in a professional manner and establishing appropriate solutions.
- Nominated Partner of the Quarter in 2017 and again in 2019.
- Helped open Starbucks in Kemptville, ON. Training 31 brand new employees including 6 shift supervisors. With lots of hard work and dedication, we held the highest customer connection score in our district, one of the highest customer connection scores in our district as well succeeding in creating a profit for Starbucks within the first 3 months of operations.
- Transferred to West Hunt Club location in Ottawa July 2019 to help improve barista and store performance. Since then we have improved our inventory accuracy, customer connection score and routines.
- During Covid-19 Pandemic, our store on West Hunt Club was the tester store for re-introducing the in-store Grab and Go system. Our customer connections score reached 49. The average CC score at Starbucks lies between 38-42.
SEPTEMBER 2007 – MAY 2017
DANCE TEACHER, SELF EMPLOYED
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TOO:
- Taught for numerous studios in the Ottawa/Gatineau region including Ottawa Dance Center School, Vanessa Plettells, KV Dance Studio, Studio Expression Dance, and Capital City Dance.
- Create class structures, syllabuses and choreographies based on dance style, level and student capacities.
- Manage groups of 4-20 dancers aged 3-18.
- Handling parental concerns and questions regarding personalized training and classes for dancers.
- Gathering and assigning volunteers to ensure productivity, timeliness and efficiency of dance recitals and events.
- Personally ran the acrobatic dance division at Ottawa Dance Center Schools between September 2009-May 2017.
- Fully accredited with BATD and RAD syllabus.
- Trained with The National Circus School of Montreal and The National Ballet School of Canada.
JANUARY 2018 - APRIL 2020
COLLEGE DIPLOMA, ALGONQUIN COLLEGE
Graduated from Algonquin College in the Business Management and Entrepreneurship program. This program has helped my fine-tune my management skills and develop The Sunny Pineapple which launched in December 2020. I Graduated a 3.8 GPA, while working 30 hours per week at Starbucks and developing my business. I was on the Dean’s Honors list throughout the entire program.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, ECOLE SECONDAIRE PUBLIQUE DE LA SALLE
• Training and managing teams
• Charismatic, especially in large groups
• Entrepreneur mindset
• Bilingual: French and English
• Receptive to training
• Effective communication
• Excitable and positive thinker
• Problem solver
• Goal driven.
Right now, my biggest passion is running my small business. The Sunny Pineapple is a not-for-profit social enterprise that is dedicated to supporting the dance community through funding and volunteer services through the sales of our artisan soaps and bath products. I was a dancer for 22 years. From the ages of 12-18 I was sponsored by an angel donor because my parents couldn’t afford to pay for my dance lessons. This person made it possible for me to attend several prestigious dance schools in the country including The National Ballet School of Canada, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens, and The National Circus School in Montreal which I attended after high school majoring in aerial hoop and minoring in contortion.
Having taught dance for 10 years, I have developed the ability to teach and communicate information in many ways to ensure the recipient is understanding. I have a passion for teaching and giving back to the community. I attend dance events and help with planning, set-up, and tear down. I often act as stage manager, head runner, or MC. I love being in front of people and getting everyone excited.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$23||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$108||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$200||$180|