As a tutor for Conversational and Functional English, the primary endeavour is to enable the student to grasp the conversations around them and also be able to contribute to them. The twin goal of expressing and understanding is achieved through emphasis on forming a connection between the English language (which I provide) and their native language (which the student provides). Each class will be structured around one main agenda/thing, for example: A day in a café or a work day. This division is more comprehensive in enabling one to go about their everyday business and also learn the language. Please note that emphasis on the rules of English Grammar will be limited and not academic.
I studied for 14 years in the same school, a Convent, which pushed me and groomed me. I went on to attend one of the most sought after Undergraduate colleges' in India and majored in Political Science. I am now pursuing a Law degree.
- Jindal Global Law School, JGU, Sonepat: Law: 7.86/8.0 (CGPA for 2 years)
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women (DU), Delhi: Political Science Honours: 7.041/10 (1st Division)
- Carmel Convent School, Chandigarh: Grade 12: 97% (Rank 1)
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND COURSES
Online Certificate Course on Human Rights UNHCR and WB Cleared with an A grade
1) Researcher for Advocate Ms. Renu Gupta [September 2020- Ongoing]
• Undertaking research for a potential publication in contract law.
2) Teaching and Research Assistant to Professor Dr. Manveen Singh [August- December 2020]
• Assisting Professor in developing and teaching a course on the Principles of IPR to L.L.M Candidates.
• Read expansively on theoretical underpinnings of IPR along with case laws primarily in the Indian, UK and the US jurisdictions.
3) Law Intern, Supreme Court, Chambers of Hon’ble Dr. Justice Chandrachud [January 2020]
• Legal research pertaining to insurance matters, specific endowments, employee compensation.
• Research and preliminary drafting for various speeches and keynotes.
4) Intern, Suman Khaitan & Co. [December 2019] [Offered an associate internship.]
• Legal research pertaining to matters related to stamp duty, mergers and demergers, company
law and labour law.
• Drafting opinions and case notes.
5) Intern, Chambers of Advocate S.S. Chauhan [July 2019]
• Legal research regarding criminal matters in the trial court.
• Drafting pleadings and bail applications w.r.t criminal matters.
6) Law Intern, Discovery Communications India [June 2019]
• Research on TRAI and IBF guidelines, compliances and IBC.
• Drafting contracts and addendums.
7) Law Research Intern, Delhi High Court, Chambers of HMJ Hima Kohli [January 2019]
• Legal research on law points relating to criminal matters.
• Research on mediation and arbitration in India and internationally. 4) Law Intern, AOR Ms. Jyoti Mendiratta, Delhi [December 2018]
• Legal research on contract law, succession law and evidence act.
• Gained drafting experience in pleadings and affidavits.
8) Law Research Intern, Delhi High Court, Chambers of HMJ Rekha Palli [August 2018]
• Gained an insight into the working of the High Court and procedural operation of the writ jurisdiction and conducted legal research for matters relating to service law.
9) Management Trainee, Centre for Digital and Financial Inclusion, Delhi [June/July 2017]
• The organisation is an NPO being funded by the government and the Bill Gates Foundation ,
working to make Digital advancement inclusive.
• Policy research for the government along with analysing government schemes as also their operation on ground; Compiling data for an online portal to implement the Direct Benefit Transfer component.
10) Intern, Punjab Legal Services Authority, Chandigarh [June 2016]
• Research and analysis of the Mental Heath Act and the mandate supplied to the authority.
1) Received the Dean’s List Award for Rank 3 for the Academic Year 2019-2020 (LLB).
2) Received the Dean’s List Award for Rank 1 for the Academic Year 2018-2019 (LLB).
3) Academic and Merit based scholarship, 2018-2021 for LLB at JGLS
4) Academic Achievement Scholarship for 1st rank in 12th Grade.
• JGLS Legal Aid Clinic, Sonepat (2018-2019)
Volunteered as a member of the RTI Committee wherein we filed RTIs in order to secure the rights of the locals that they are entitled to. We conducted field visits and interacted with the local residents as well as the authorities.
• ENACTUS, LSR, Delhi (April 2016-April 2017), Project Head, Auric
Enactus is an international initiative to create social entrepreneurship. My project i.e. Auric was to help the women of village Mangar to start a sustainable business of dish washing liquid at the same time imparting legal literacy to them.
• National Service Scheme, LSR, Delhi (April 2016-April 2017), Project Head, Adharshila The NSS is a national mandate of the government wherein colleges are to provide local NGOs and other social welfare initiatives with volunteers. The project I was heading was to teach underprivileged children and to give them vocational skills. I was able to start a separate and dedicated team for children with special needs.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|