I am a recent high school graduate who has taken math classes up to calculus as well as a year of statistics. Usually, I have students bring whatever homework they're working on and guide them through it. If needed, I will backtrack and help them go over whatever they did not fully learn and comprehend from class. I always try to be patient and make sure the student understands and can execute the math on their own before moving forward.
I have taken advanced courses in mathematics and participated on the math team all throughout high school, and scored a perfect 7/7 on my IB Higher Level Mathematics exam. Furthermore, I was accepted to and will be attending California Institute of Technology in the fall, the 4th best university in the world according to QS World University Rankings. I have tutored three students over the course of two years in geometry, one of which to raise their grade to keep their spot on the baseball team, which they did.
My gas price per mileage is about 15 cents, so my travel rate is just 15 cents per miles.
High School Graduate with Honors
- Cumulative 4.00 GPA (unweighted)
- SAT: 1540 (Mar 2017)
- National Merit Scholarship (2018)
Math Team - Team Captain (Sep 2015 - June 2018)
- Led team of grades 9-12 in state-level math competitions.
- Won several awards in both individual and group contests.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Recipient
- Classes: IB SL Business Management, IB HL History of the Americas, IB HL Language and LIterature, IB SL French 4, IB HL Physics, IB HL Math
- Scored 43/45 points overall
- Scored 7/7 points for IB HL Math
- 2nd Place Alpha Division - Team Award (Skyview Invitational Games for Mathematical Achievement Sigma 2015)
- 5th Place Alpha Division - Function & Logs (Mu Alpha Theta 2016 States)
- 7th Place Mu Division - AB Calculus (Mu Alpha Theta 2017 States)
- 5th Place Mu Division - Mental Math (Mu Alpha Theta 2017 States)
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|