My teaching methods are geared toward the individual. I am very much a proponent of differentiated learning. What will work with one person will be different with another. However, my strategies are well organized and focused. The most important aspect is that the learning session be fun!!!! It will with me.
Hello, I am a certified teacher in Alberta Canada, however I have been teaching, mentoring, and tutoring for years online. I love helping students of all ages 3-100 with the English Language with written, and or verbal concepts. I have my TESOL certificate and love teaching English as a second language (ESL). In addition, I am a music teacher who can teach almost every instrument, but my love is cello, trombone, acoustic and electric bass.
1. All fees are non-refundable
2. All students must give at least 24 hours notice of canceling lessons in order to rebook lesson without penalty.
• Ability to bring adults together in community musical endeavors.
• Ability to bring elementary students into the twenty-first century based
upon educational experience from 25 years of teaching.
• Can teach writing skills to all levels of students
• Can teach acting to all levels of students
• Can teach English as a Second Language from 3 years old -adults
• Can teach elementary general music and physical education.
• Can teach elementary band, and choir.
• Can teach children with varied physical and mental challenges.
• Excellent classroom management skills (live and online group classes)
• Employs differentiated instructional methods.
• Ability to integrate the use of technology into literary and
numeracy in pedagogy.
• Brings energy and enthusiasm to the classroom
• Works well in a group but equally comfortable in an independent format.
• Actor, Producer, and Director for DG Productions 2017 to present
• Conductor of the Crowsnest Pass Community Choir 2014 to present
• Conductor of the Crowsnest Pass Community Orchestra 2015 to 2018
• Event Coordinator for Music in the Mountains 2017
• Received an Alberta Teaching Certificate in 2016
• Owned and operated a private music studio, Kidsnotes Music, for 15
years; expanded into two locations
• Was ranked in the top 1% of Kindermusik educators worldwide every year
• Trained teachers to become early childhood educators in Kindermusik
and in a public school system
• Developed a comprehensive music curriculum for a pre-school-grade 8
• Developed and implemented a 2 year dance curriculum for preschoolers
• Wrote songs and developed activities that use music as a catalyst for
• Wrote literature books for children
• Designed and conducted various faculty and student workshops for
training in word processing, spreadsheet and music software
• Substitute Teacher: September 2015-present
Livingstone Range School Division, AB
• PUF Music Specialist: December 2012-present
• Owner, manager, and educator: September 1998 – May 2012
Kidsnotes Music studio, Edmonton, AB
• Teacher Supervisor: 1996 – 1998
Francenter, Chicago Area, Illinois
• Music and Computer Teacher: 1989 – 1998
Francenter, Chicago Area, Illinois
• Teacher, Preschool through Grade 8: 1989 – 1998
Francenter, Chicago Area, Illinois
EDUCATION, HONORS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES
Master of Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies (Educational Studies Focus) Athabasca University, AB: 2020
TESOL Certificate International Open Academy, Online: May 2020
Alberta Interim Professional Teaching Certificate
Alberta Education #301278K
Kindermusik Maestro Honor
Edmonton, AB: 2001-2012
Kindermusik Educator License Chicago, Illinois: 1997-2012
Chicago Public School Cadre Certification Chicago, Illinois: 1989
Bachelors of Music University of North Texas: 1988
International Competitive Music Scholarship University of North Texas: 1987
Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship Grant MacEwan, Edmonton, AB: 1984
Certificate of 2 year Music Degree Grant MacEwan, AB: 1984
Music Education Degree (Certification for North Dakota) Mary College, ND: 1979-1982
• Varies Theatrical Productions Southern Alberta, 2017-present
• Orchestra and Choir Concerts Crowsnest Pass & Pincher Creek 2014-2017
• Music in the Mountains Event Crowsnest Pass June 11, 2017
• Workshop Presenter, July, 2008 Kindermusik, Milton Keynes, England, UK
• Workshop Presenter, July, 2007 Kindermusik, Edmonton, AB
• Workshop Presenter, January, 2006 NAMM Conference, Anaheim, CA
• Workshop Presenter, April, 2005 Kindermusik, Raleigh, NC
• Workshop Presenter, April, 2004 Francenter, Chicago, Illinois
• Workshop Presenter, April, 2003 Sherwood Park School district, Sherwood
• AMA American Music Teachers Association
• ATA Alberta Teachers Association
• Kindermusik Teachers Association
• Mentor for Kindermusik International
• Francenter Supervision and Curriculum Development Team
• NAMM National Association of Music Merchants
• Edmonton YMCA’s Children First Initiative
• The Women Band Directors National Association
Perfect! Debbie is a great teacher, who in my case was able to provide clarity and direction for my ideas. With her help, I was able to remove the unnecessary clutter to make a stronger essay.
Hello Alexandra, it was a pleasure to work with you. You have a sharp intellect and flexibility of mind. You will do well on your paper.
Deb is enthusiastic and passionate about her teaching. Her students are always engaged and enjoy learning with her. She is one of the most dedicated people I've ever worked with, and is always willing to go above and beyond to personally connect with her students, consider their unique learning styles and needs, and to make sure they are having fun!
Deborah has great patience. She is kind, takes her time to explain things and does so in a way that isn't condescending. Deborah is very positive! She is always supportive, knowledgeable and a natural leader. I have worked with her on numerous projects and she is just as good with the large groups as she is in one-on-one groups. Always looking for the natural progression and able to summarize large amounts of information into concise, bite-sized pieces. Highly recommend.
I have known Deborah for at least 10 years. She is intelligent, sensitive to other's needs and leads by example.
Deborah sees a need, steps up and fills it. I'm on the executive of the community choir which she leads. When the previous choir director stepped down she offered her musical talent and leadership and did it justice. I have found her to be honest, kind and that kind of crazy that makes being around her fun. She has a profound pool of patience that allows her students to not be intimidated with learning nor restricted in creativity.
Last year she decided to combine three choirs (two other community choirs and ours) and do a spring concert in each community. When we managed to get together for a few practices prior to doing this, we were all a bit apprehensive but she pulled us together and we put on a show that surprised us all! She gave us what we needed to do it.
She has done a number of community theatre presentations and they have all been very well-received and fun to be part of. I've only been in one of these. Hard work and lots of fun! She works very well with young people and it is lovely to see them blossom under her tutelage.
I can honestly say that if you hire Deborah you will have a first rate teacher with great teaching skills who reads people well and knows how to impart knowledge in a bright and fun way.
I highly recommend Deborah Goldstein for a teaching position with Superprof.
I worked directly with Deborah for 8 years in an elementary school setting and have also witnessed her work with community choirs and an orchestra. She encourages her students and musical peers to work hard and take creative risks, while always emphasizing the importance of having fun. She understands that learning is a lifelong process.
She is a patient and creative educator who brings out the best in all those she works with. In her class you will work hard, laugh lots and gain many personal insights.
I have known Deb for more than 6 years now. She was teaching a music program for an early childhood program as well as being a substitute teacher when we met. I invited her into my class to sub for me, and was thrilled with how much energy and creativity she brought to the class. She consistently follows and maintains the routines and structures I have in place, while being confident and spontaneous, implementing changes in plans as needs arise. I always feel relaxed leaving my class with Deb, as I know she and the children will have a great day.
Deb had recruited me for a theater production a while back. I had no experience, but she believed in me, coached me, and taught me how to be the best I could be. She has outstanding leadership skills and such an inspiring attitude. She's upbeat and an absolutely wonderful person. I believe Deb would make the perfect teacher. She is patient, and understanding and she leaves no man behind. Please consider her for this teaching position. You won't regret it.
I have known Debbie for over ten years now, working with her on numerous non-profit, charity and community events. I was a member of her community choir when we lived in the same community and found her to be well organized, conscientious and well liked. She also taught our daughter music on many occasions and was always patient and positive. I would not hesitate to recommend Debbie.
I have worked with Deborah on several different projects and community group events , with her participating as a teacher mentor and also a volunteer. I have always found her efforts to be outstanding among her peers. She is very outgoing, very organized and comes up and executes ideas and projects that most people would consider impossible. She is easy to work with and draws out talents in people they didn't know they had.
Hello. I am Director of the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Program (MA-IS) at Athabasca University from which Deborah Goldstein just earned her Master’s degree, graduating at the top of her class with a focus in Educational Studies. I can positively say that Deborah is a hard-working, professional, and reliable person who excels at everything she does. She is an accomplished master-teacher who has successfully taught children, teenagers, and adults in instructional content ranging from ESL to music to the dramatic arts. As a certified educator in Alberta, she has also taught K-12 students in all subjects. Deborah has that rare talent of making the learning process fun and enjoyable, which thereby also makes her teaching more effective. Truth be told, she would probably be a better teacher even for our graduate students than many of our PhD-holding faculty members. For all of these reasons, I would highly recommend Deborah Goldstein for any teaching position, and I am confident that she would be a welcome asset within any institution. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like any further information.
Dr. Wendell Kisner
MA-IS Program Director and Associate Professor
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking grammar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$28||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$25||$300|