I approach each topic based by thematic patterns, and emphasize geography and topography of each region that heavily ties into each conflict.
I also teach from the Gestalt method--teaching from experience, and emphasizing understanding. I am lenient and fair, and challenge students to think for themselves.
I am a current student at the London School of Economics pursuing a masters' degree in the History of International Relations. I am a graduate of the top #8th school in international studies, the American University in Washington, DC. I have a wealth of experience teaching students the dynamics of international relations and history, as well as professional development like public speaking, negotiation, and debate.
The Atlantic Council; Rafik Hariri Center for the Middle East
September – December 2017
• Assisted resident senior fellow Dr. Aaron Stein in his research on the Justice and Development Party (AKP) in Turkey, Turkish defense policy and operations in Syria, Turkish-Kurdish relations, and U.S. Operation Inherent Resolve (OIR) operations in southern Turkey and northern Iraq;
• Aided resident senior fellows Faysal Itani, Mirette Mabrouk, and Ambassador Fred C. Hof in gathering research for reports and databases on Iranian presence in Syria, the Renaissance Dam conflict, and Saudi Arabian military strategy in the Arabian Gulf;
• Updated the center’s social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook, and published analytical articles from resident and non-resident writers, using Trello, Pardot, SalesForce, and Canva;
• Published “The Precarious Kurdish-Israeli Relationship, Post-Kirkuk” with the Atlantic Council on the relationship between the KRG and Israel—the article received 6,000+ views.
TV Asahi, Washington Bureau, Intern & Reporter
July - September 2017
• Worked alongside State Department Diplomatic Press Corps and Press Secretary Heather Nauert at official briefings, speeches by Secretary of State Tillerson, and public relations events;
• Reported to think tanks, Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, the Washington Post, the State Department, and the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, to cover incoming news and
analyses that would interest TV Asahi’s Japanese audience.
U.S. Department of State; American Embassy to the United Kingdom, Regional Security Office (RSO), Intern
January – April 2017
• Assisted the Regional Security Office in safety and cooperation efforts with London Metropolitan Police Forces, ensuring security of U.S. facilities, personnel, and Americans abroad; • Escorted visiting delegations, such as U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, and CIA Director Mike Pompeo to meetings with the embassy’s diplomats;
• Updated the embassy security system, PENSR, and strengthened the system after London’s March 22nd terror attack;
• Organized the acting ambassador, Charge D’Affaires Lewis Lukens’s ‘Beyond London’ initiative to Cambridge, to meet with scholars, RAND Corporation, and Mildenhall base officers; • Worked with U.S. Marine Corps and staff in analyzing incoming threats and securing the premises during political protests, issued threats, and drills.
The Brookings Institution; Project on International Order and Strategy (IOS), Intern
Washington, DC Research
September – December 2016
• Researched for senior fellow Dr. Thomas Wright on the future of U.S. partnerships, the Euro crisis, and future of U.S. leadership in the world order, for the project’s report and blog; • Collected research for Wright's book, "All Measures Short of War" on U.S. policy options in a changing international order;
• Provided case analyses and contributed to the project’s 2016 report, "Building Situations of Strength" for national security analysts and the incoming presidential administration;
• Analyzed critical threats to the international liberal order, including regulation of norms in cyberspace, reform of the National Security Council (NSC), and electoral interference.
Best Delegate LLC; Model United Nations Institute Washington, DC; New York, NY; Boston, MA
June – August 2016
• Collaborated with company founders to teach public speaking, politics, and negotiation tactics to clients aged 10 to 19;
• Designed a week-long course and simulation about the 1956 Suez Canal crisis, where students learned intricacies of ad hoc foreign policymaking and options for international response. • Taught lectures on denuclearization, climate change, the United Nations, and foreign policy at Georgetown University, Columbia University, and Harvard University Law School.
Office of United States Senator, Timothy Kaine (D-VA), Intern
Washington, DC Legislative
September 2015 – April 2016
• Assisted legislative assistants in drafting legislation on prevalent issues for Virginians, such as climate change, the Iranian visa program, GMO labeling, and U.S. policy towards Israel; • Recorded and analyzed House and Senate committee hearings and took relevant notes that applied to the Senator democratic agenda;
• Collaborated with the Foreign Relations legislative assistant on popular foreign policy dilemmas, such as the Syrian refugee crisis and U.S.-Mexican relations.
Ryan Lizza, New Yorker Magazine Washington Reporter & CNN Correspondent Washington, DC Intern June – August 2015
• Attended and transcribed interviews with candidates and advisors: Senators Lindsay Graham, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, John McCain; Secretary George Shultz; and advisor Otto Reich. • Assisted in editing and writing process on pieces regarding political divisiveness, Republican foreign policy strategies, and the emerging candidacies for the 2016 presidential election.
The National Council on U.S.-Arab Relations, Intern
February – May 2015
• Regenerated content in database for hosted Model Arab League conferences and congressional programs and panels. • Monitored international news and analyses and crafted reports for Council visits to the Middle East.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geopolitics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, journalism lessons for all!
Taking communications lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$26||$17|
|5 hours||Not available||$104||$87|