If you're looking for a tutor with specialist knowledge in literacy and have an open mind to a creative approach: look no further. I give 100% of my effort to ensure that progress in learning is happening and I do this by maintaining a constant dialogue with my students.
I have been blessed in my experience having taught all age groups in a variety of settings, including: early years, primary, secondary and adults learners. I am happy to teach any age group privately, in small groups or in a class.
September 2016 - June 2017
PGCE (Specialising in KS2) (Outstanding/Good)
York St Johns University
February 2014 - March 2014
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) (PASS A)
British Study Centres, Oxford, UK
October 2011 - March 2012
Business English; One-to-one methodology; Teaching large classes; Teaching with minimal resources. (PASS)
I-to-I, London, UK
October 2008 - July 2011
BA w/Hons: English Literature with Creative Writing (2:1)
Lancaster University, Lancaster
Instructor, Smithsonian museum, Washington DC, USA
-Planning and facilitating week camps for KS1 children focusing on Science.
-Managing excursions to Smithsonian museums.
-Showcasing work produced for the parents.
December 2015-August 2016 AND September 2017
English Language Teacher, Melton College, York, UK
- Planning and maintaining a high standard of teaching to multi-lingual learners aged 13-70.
- Leading excursions into York including to the York Minster, National Railway museum and other local museums.
- Completing administrative tasks such as marking and level placement.
March 2014 - November 2015
English Language Teacher The British Study Centres, Oxford, UK
- Planning and maintaining a high standard of teaching to multi-lingual adult learners aged 16-70, including exam classes such as IELTS, TOEFL, PET and FCE.
- Providing weekly tutorials for individual students to ensure personal development.
- Completing administrative tasks such as: marking, reports and level placement.
- Taking part and running INSETTS for CPD, including Ed Tech.
- Incorporating the use of mobile technology in lessons.
- Taking private students and tailoring a specialised curriculum based on their needs.
June 2013 - Feb 2014
Cover Supervisor Keswick School, Keswick, Cumbria, UK
- Providing cover for classes when teachers were absent.
- Supervising and maintaining a safe learning environment for Year 7 - Year 11 students in any subject necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe learning environment for 20-30 students in my care and ensure the students completed tasks set by the teacher.
June 2012 - September 2013 AND August 2016 AND August 2017
English Language Teacher Nab Cottage, Rydal, Cumbria.
- Delivering English language lessons to multi-lingual, adult classes.
- Planning a weekly syllabus and implementing the school’s experiential learning techniques.
- Providing tutorials for students to ensure development and set learning goals.
- Doing weekly workshops in Theatre, Poetry, Creative writing and Ed Tech to all students present at the school.
Sept 2012 - May 2013
English Language Teacher, The British Institute, Banding, Indonesia.
- Maintaining high standard English language lessons to young and teenage non-native learners including exam classes like IELTS, PET and TOEFL.
- Delivering lessons at local Indonesian Primary and Secondary schools and managing classes with 25-40 students.
- Completing administrative tasks such as reports and marking.
- Getting involved with the extra-curricular activities and organising the annual Intervarsity Debate Championship.
Teaching assistant at St Hugh’s SEND school, Scunthorpe.
Teaching assistant at Oxford Spires Dyslexia Saturday School.
September - November 2015
Teaching assistant at Rose Hill Primary School, Oxford.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$43||$34|
|5 hours||Not available||$192||$171|
|10 hours||Not available||$385||$343|