Music lessons should be about serving your individual needs and interests as a student, learning how to get the most out of your time, and help you develop autonomy so you can reach your goals. Lessons with me will help you to go through the processes, steps, joys and challenges that music, like life, has to offer to us, learners.
1. DESIGN OF LESSONS. Throughout my teaching experience, I have developed a wide number of materials and strategies to teach effectively different musical styles to different styles of learners. At the core, I believe that every person learns differently depending on the context and thus, every teacher needs to adapt their lessons to the individual needs of each student, rather than pushing their own learning styles and materials into their studio.
2. MOTIVATION IS A BIG PART OF LEARNING. I strongly emphasize the importance of developing mental tools to make our practicing time as joyful, efficient and creative as possible. Central to the development of that mental attitude is working on motivation. I will help you to find how music can be motivating for you while practicing.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. Many students stop playing because they don't feel anymore the same feeling they had when they started playing, or because they feel music is too difficult. As part of my studies and experience, I come to understand that knowing the rules and conventions behind the music we play, help us to improve or mental attitude and motivation.
4. A STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS. Thanks to the development of cognitive psychology, we now know that that learning to play an instrument is a complex process that requires the coordination of a number of functions. With years of professional training from some of the best guitarists on the planet, I help students develop an understanding of music learning as a step-by-set process, that requires discipline and concentration.
6. MUSIC IS FOR EVERYONE. Music it's a human creation created for humans. If we manage our expectations and have guidance from an expert, we all can play an instrument an realize that we all are musicians!
I have given concerts in Chile, Argentina, France, Italy, Spain and Germany, and I am currently completing my Master of Teaching degree on scholarship from the University of Toronto. I am researching how music teachers enact commitments to social justice and equity within public schools in Toronto.
I hold a Bachelors degree in Music Therapy from Salvador University (Argentina) where I took many courses around psychology which inform my practice as guitarist and teacher. I also hold a Master's Degree in Music Performance from the Catalunya School of Music, where I studied with Zoran Dukic and Alex Garrobe. I have studied privately in Chicago and in Europe with world-renowned teachers such as Denis Azabagic and Paolo Pegoraro. I have also worked for many years as Music Teacher and Music Therapist in diverse context and geographies, including music schools and special education centres in Chile, Argentina and Spain.
I have twelve years of teaching experience in guitar in all styles, ages and skill levels, and currently I teach private students.
For students ages 16 or under with difficult economic circumstances and an eagerness to learn guitar, I am willing to give a special discount. Please inquire via this website for more information.
Currently. MASTER OF TEACHING. University of Toronto (OISE)
Bachelor in Arts, minor in Musical Performance. Speciality Classical Guitar. Conservatory of the University of Chile.
Bachelor in Music Therapy. University of Salvador. Buenos Aires – Argentina.
Master in Advanced Music Performance Studies: Classical and Contemporary Music Instruments. Teacher: Zoran Dukic. Catalunya College of Music.
Continuing Education. Instruments of Classical and contemporary music. Classical Guitar. Teacher: Alex Garrobé. Catalunya College of Music.
Pedagogy Program in Education for Graduates. University Andrés Bello. Chile
2002. (2nd Semester) Courses of Harmony and Music History at University of Notre Dame, USA.
2002. (2nd Semester). Private classes with Denis AZABAGIC.
2005. IX Course of Guitar Performance, by professors Eduardo ISAAC and Eduardo FERNÁNDEZ. Argentina
2008. Initiation course to the Kodaly Method. Conservatory “Lopez Buchardo”. Bs As – Argentina.
2010. April – November. Seminar of Improvisation with signs, with professor Marcelo MOGUILEVSKY. Bs As – Argentina.
2005 - Present. I have been teaching as a private instructor since 2005 in Chile, Argentina, Spain and Canada.
2015 - 2018. Guitar Teacher in two music schools in Barcelona, Spain
Spanish (primary language)
English (Medium – Advance)
Excellent! Pedro is very knowledgeable and can adapt well to the requirements of students' requests.
Perfect! Pedro is a great guitar teacher and I have learned lots of techniques not only playing, but also way of feeling and enjoying music. I am preparing RCM level 1 exam and he is very helpful. Skype works perfectly for us. I strongly recommend Pedro if you want to lean classical guitar
He has well established goals, good holding of the instrument and sigh-reading.
closeby? Here's a selection of tutoring ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking classical guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at their home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$40||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||$180||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||$350||Not available||$300|